joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at the GSP radar you can see bands spiraling from E to W coming towards AVL. Not going to go crazy but would like to see a nice white ground here.

I may be Widre like, but I'm a little pessimistic right now. 

Yeah, I think we will get lucky to get much over an inch. Models were right on for the start time on the snow, but I don't think there is enough moisture around to get us a whole lot. Lots of energy down in SC.

Ugh, I dont even know why I humored myself streaming the Raleigh news. The TV met, not naming, said he didnt think the Raleigh area would see much snow at all now. Not sure what he was seeing... Hopefully everyone here is not listening to that.

Yeah, I think I know which one that would be....it was annoying.

Yeah, I think we will get lucky to get much over an inch. Models were right on for the start time on the snow, but I don't think there is enough moisture around to get us a whole lot. Lots of energy down in SC.

I would take an inch right now. What do you think HurricaneTracker? I see you on here.

same here Rosie. But I hear snowing on the peaks between us

lol same here - rain and 38 here. i am impressed with the temps though.  it was in the low 50s with sun about 1 or 2 today, and 41 with rain by about 430.  too bad the temps mega crash didnt continue a few minutes more

Archived