Newest Member
    Toothache
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow mixing with rain here.....~10mi NNW of GSO

That's a good sign.  I think on RDU radar you can pretty much tell where the rain/snow line is.  You can see the boundary where the heavier returns become lighter pushing a bit to the southeast.  I think that's probably the rain snow line.

I've got around four to five inches in Sullivan County, Tenn., of the heavy-wet variety so far and still coming down pretty hard. I'm done with the snow to be honest. The ground is extremely saturated from receiving nearly five inches of rain earlier this week. Would rather not lose a tree or two with such conditions. We've already got limbs down and the boughs of the pines are bending down pretty low. It doesn't take much of the heavy-wet stuff.

post-845-0-40666500-1358465371_thumb.jpg

That's a good sign.  I think on RDU radar you can pretty much tell where the rain/snow line is.  You can see the boundary where the heavier returns become lighter pushing a bit to the southeast.  I think that's probably the rain snow line.

Good observation.....I just notice that. The RNK radar is screwed up....is it me or do they have the most trouble with the radar than anywhere?!?!?

Oh, just heard thunder

Archived