joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approaching an inch in Knoxville. Traffic downtown is horribly congested. TDOT may have dropped the ball on this as the roads don't look as if they were brined.

Valkhorn, with the amount of water on the road before this event switched over to ice/snow I'm not sure brine have even been effective. I have family currently stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on Broadway trying to make it to Halls. Not having much success getting there, either.

2 inches of snow on the ground (by my very unexpert measurement on my front steps) and still snowing heavily in Church Hill, TN

Valkhorn, with the amount of water on the road before this event switched over to ice/snow I'm not sure brine have even been effective. I have family currently stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on Broadway trying to make it to Halls. Not having much success getting there, either.

2 inches of snow on the ground (by my very unexpert measurement on my front steps) and still snowing heavily in Church Hill, TN

That's something I didn't think about. Either way, roads are an absolute mess right now.

In all fairness, TDOT has a lot of work on their hands and the snow is now reported as heavy at TYS.

Drove up to the Foothills Parkway right before the big change over and witnessed an incredible sleet storm, just got sandblasted at the first lookout point.  During the drive back to Knoxville the bottom fell out and moderate to heavy snow began falling.  The ground started getting white instantly, half inch to an inch of slush covered the roads in spots.  It's a nice steady moderate snow now with smaller flakes than earlier.  Very very happy with the outcome so far in east TN!

Edit:  Easily a half inch on the ground now, roads white at 4:30pm.

Archived