wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Weenie snow threats thread- Desperation

Ji

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live on the nipple at the top of the county. I don't think it matter for this non-event. Trouble is when we actually have a real storm threat I'll still probably be left out.

you and I are pretty much at the same latitude, i.e. the deep south

hopefully you include 1-3" events..pretty fruitless in DC chasing after 6"+ events

I'm not big on inch or less events or flurries. I'll be happy with 2 or 3 inches but right now think we'll have to wait for the cold air which I still thinnk won't be until after Dec 15th though I guess we could get a brief incursion before the trough shifts east.

I'm not big on inch or less events or flurries. I'll be happy with 2 or 3 inches but right now think we'll have to wait for the cold air which I still thinnk won't be until after Dec 15th though I guess we could get a brief incursion before the trough shifts east.

I agree that Dec 15 seems reasonable considering how this winter has gone so far....gives us plenty of time to prepare and discuss

He needs to move N&W, his area is just about the worst location in our entire area to get snow. I live in NNE compared to him. Maybe if he moved he would not poo poo every storm to come along.

It's a lousy spot for snow......so is College Park (4" from the psuhoffman storm when I was there :thumbsdown: ). I think wes has family where he lives and that obviously trumps weather.

Need to wait to late January to get excited....

It is possible that between the -PNA and pumped up SE ridge the I95 crew never get measurable snow or true arctic air despite the AO and NAO. Not one model shows any real snow threat or true arctic for most of our area thru 20 Jan...but I am hoping to be very wrong.

Euro reduces jyo qpf from .12 to 01 in one run right before the event

With the vort going to the north and no real surface low that is what you would expect.

Given the fact that we have dry air masses during a relative drought, an over-performance would

be an upgrade from flakes in the air to a just barely noticeable light dusting.

Archived