joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weenie snow threats thread- Desperation

Ji

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, that first system starts the GFS process of getting it cold around here by day 10, which it has been showing for a couple of runs, unlike the Euro

Yea, but storm track is still n&w. Even with a shot of cold, there is no 50-50 or block to keep anything below us. 

PAC is doing it's thing again on this run. Not as putrid as December but the ridge axis out west is still too far west. Blah!

Yea, but storm track is still n&w. Even with a shot of cold, there is no 50-50 or block to keep anything below us. 

PAC is doing it's thing again on this run. Not as putrid as December but the ridge axis out west is still too far west. Blah!

I think we have to assume that the storm track is not going to improve for at least 3 weeks...the key is cold air...if we can get a -EPO and a block....we can get snow or mixed event with a bad storm track...

I think we have to assume that the storm track is not going to improve for at least 3 weeks...the key is cold air...if we can get a -EPO and a block....we can get snow or mixed event with a bad storm track...

mixed events suck for you. 20 minutes of snow...then you live vicariously through the western suburbs for an hour and then you get pissed

where did old school randy go?

Dead.  Realism sets in at some point.

I'm tired of hearing how we'll be satisfied with a dusting or an inch or two.  No we won't.  Let's be honest.    I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be happy with a dusting of snow while all other areas are getting creamed.   If all I'm getting is an inch, the weather can shove it and take that inch and add it to somebody else's foot.

We're screwed for most if not all of January.  Real talk.  No, I'm not melting down at all.....I'm just opening my eyes to reality.   What I'm saying isn't far fetched.   Every index we use is in the toilet.  And if they recover (and they might), it's going to be a lag of a week or two.   January is probably done.    I'll re-evaluate once February comes rolling in.  I'm not all doom and gloom...we may get backloaded, but like I said on fb, the odds are against us.   Maybe March will tear us a new one, but by then we'll get to see your endless posts about sun angle.  :(

I'm tired of hearing how we'll be satisfied with a dusting or an inch or two.  No we won't.  Let's be honest.    I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be happy with a dusting of snow while all other areas are getting creamed.   If all I'm getting is an inch, the weather can shove it and take that inch and add it to somebody else's foot.

We're screwed for most if not all of January.  Real talk.  No, I'm not melting down at all.....I'm just opening my eyes to reality.   What I'm saying isn't far fetched.   Every index we use is in the toilet.  And if they recover (and they might), it's going to be a lag of a week or two.   January is probably done.    I'll re-evaluate once February comes rolling in.  I'm not all doom and gloom...we may get backloaded, but like I said on fb, the odds are against us.   Maybe March will tear us a new one, but by then we'll get to see your endless posts about sun angle.   :(

Sun angle posts start by the third week of Feb.. maybe even sooner. ;)

It would seem that Jan has a good shot of being largely lost.. I am partially hopeful for a 2 week stint of winter. I wouldn't be shocked if we get mostly screwed though. 

We're screwed for most if not all of January.  Real talk.  No, I'm not melting down at all.....I'm just opening my eyes to reality.   What I'm saying isn't far fetched.   Every index we use is in the toilet.  And if they recover (and they might), it's going to be a lag of a week or two.   January is probably done.    I'll re-evaluate once February comes rolling in.  I'm not all doom and gloom...we may get backloaded, but like I said on fb, the odds are against us.   Maybe March will tear us a new one, but by then we'll get to see your endless posts about sun angle.   :(

I'm witha' 100% Randy

I find myself gravitating to the Board and the models more out of habit or boredom

I don't know if it was 09/10 that did it to me, but I can live w/o snow and not walk around in a shiatty mood all day when we miss it

yeah, of course I want it to snow, it's just that if it doesn't, meh....another winter day on the MA coastal plain and life goes on

Dead. Realism sets in at some point.

I'm tired of hearing how we'll be satisfied with a dusting or an inch or two. No we won't. Let's be honest. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be happy with a dusting of snow while all other areas are getting creamed. If all I'm getting is an inch, the weather can shove it and take that inch and add it to somebody else's foot.

We're screwed for most if not all of January. Real talk. No, I'm not melting down at all.....I'm just opening my eyes to reality. What I'm saying isn't far fetched. Every index we use is in the toilet. And if they recover (and they might), it's going to be a lag of a week or two. January is probably done. I'll re-evaluate once February comes rolling in. I'm not all doom and gloom...we may get backloaded, but like I said on fb, the odds are against us. Maybe March will tear us a new one, but by then we'll get to see your endless posts about sun angle. :(

Bingo.

I don't like being told I should be happy with an inch of slop. It doesn't mean I walk around miserable all day waiting for a decent snowfall. It just means that a piddling white rain snowfall doesn't do anything for me.

I don't mind being needled about being optimistic.

:)

I'm feeling especially good about Jan 15-Mar 15. I believe we will all be happy when it's all said and done.

I hope so. DC could use the rain. That nagging dryness that has been going on a long time needs to be thoroughly punted. I guess maybe the Boxing Day storm says it doesn't matter.

I don't mind being needled about being optimistic.

:)

I'm feeling especially good about Jan 15-Mar 15. I believe we will all be happy when it's all said and done.

Alright winters- with one great one- that started the snow season for DC after 1/15 since I've been alive:  '85/'86, '86/'87, '99/'00, '04/'05, '06/'07

Is anyone old enough in here to remember '59/'60?

Alright winters- with one great one- that started the snow season for DC after 1/15 since I've been alive:  '85/'86, '86/'87, '99/'00, '04/'05, '06/'07

Wes is like 112 :bag: , that should be right around the year he retired. He may still have some memories from that year.

I remember all 5 of them, do you happen to have the seasonal snowfall totals of those off hand.

Archived