joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weenie snow threats thread- Desperation

Ji

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just waiting for Wes to come into the thread so we can all stop with our weenie wet dreams. Wes I sure hope your not taking your wife shopping again today, you cannot afford it on your CWG paycheck.

I'm staying out of this thread, it's for weenie dreams.   You're right about the CWG pay but I think she plans to go to Cosco Friday.  She's pretty good at not reining herself in,  I'm the dangerous one when shopping at least for food. 

I'm staying out of this thread, it's for weenie dreams.   You're right about the CWG pay but I think she plans to go to Cosco Friday.  She's pretty good at not reining herself in,  I'm the dangerous one when shopping at least for food. 

I thought deep down you really were a weenie. You should save money on food since you only get the munchies when a storm is coming. A little snow would be nice though for the Ravens and Redskins game on Sunday, it would be a fitting goodbye to the greatest middle linebacker ever to play a game in the snow.

If this thread goes 30+ pages then we are in big fooking trouble. It's already catching up quick to the disco thread....we really suck....I mean like bad....like Wizards bad...

Why do we get our hopes up for snow? 

Ironically, in the past couple years you'd have more luck hoping for a tropical system up this way lol

If this thread goes 30+ pages then we are in big fooking trouble. It's already catching up quick to the disco thread....we really suck....I mean like bad....like Wizards bad...

speaking of sports jokes, what do you call 47 millionaires sitting around watching the Super Bowl this year...........

give up? see below

the Eagles

Patiently waiting for the end of march, moisture laden miller A that gives my backyard inches and inches of cold rainfall, followed by a High Wind Watch that turns into a wind advisory that still busts. 

As a consolation prize we get to watch SNE get pasted as the thing bombs out to our North. 

Fun times ahead  :violin:

Patiently waiting for the end of march, moisture laden miller A that gives my backyard inches and inches of cold rainfall, followed by a High Wind Watch that turns into a wind advisory that still busts. 

As a consolation prize we get to watch SNE get pasted as the thing bombs out to our North. 

Fun times ahead  :violin:

Won't have to wait until the end of March for that.

At the rate we're going, we'll be lucky to get 10" combined between the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 winters in some locales. Last year, BWI recorded 1.8. If they fail to get 8.2 this season, it'll be the first time since 49-50/50-51 that BWI failed to reach 10" combined from two consecutive winters. We suck.

At the rate we're going, we'll be lucky to get 10" combined between the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 winters in some locales. Last year, BWI recorded 1.8. If they fail to get 8.2 this season, it'll be the first time since 49-50/50-51 that BWI failed to reach 10" combined from two consecutive winters. We suck.

you didn't have to make it so "official" for us to know that

if it's not going snow around here, I hope it snows in Florida a lot this winter so those people can be as miserable as we are

Amen. This is pitiful. It's Jan 2!!!!!! I love all the faith placed in the LR forecasts and models. They've been so good. Yeah.

the CFS2 monthly for JAN got colder today vs. yesterday if you can believe that

I think I've figured out why the CFS2 is so cold

if you look at the 850 map for JAN, it clearly has the vortex parked over southern Hudson Bay

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/imagesInd3/usT850MonInd1.gif

compare that to the Euro 10 day 500mb map with 850 temps and you can see the Euro puts the vortex further north

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2013010212!!/

the CFS2 monthly for JAN got colder today vs. yesterday if you can believe that

I think I've figured out why the CFS2 is so cold

if you look at the 850 map for JAN, it clearly has the vortex parked over southern Hudson Bay

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/imagesInd3/usT850MonInd1.gif

compare that to the Euro 10 day 500mb map with 850 temps and you can see the Euro puts the vortex further north

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2013010212!!/

If the CFS2 shows warm- Lock it in.

Shows Cold? Throw it out

here is a weenie feast like no other. Severe outbreak jan 20 for a several weeks?

http://theweathercentre.blogspot.com/2013/01/multiple-stratospheric-warmings-confirm.html

I love how he pulls up today's CFS2 weeks 3 and 4 forecasts

maybe he should have also showed the reader "yesterdays" CFS2 3 and 4 week temp forecasts; I mean it's not like the Strato warming event was just proged this morning because it's been on the Berlin site now for many days

anyway, here's a link to yesterday's weeks 3 and 4

http://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/sweaver/cfs_fcst/images1/wk3.wk4_20121231.NAsfcT.gif

Archived