Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Weenie snow threats thread- Desperation

Ji

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember all 5 of them, do you happen to have the seasonal snowfall totals of those off hand.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/local_data.php?wfo=lwx

For DCA: 85/86 was 15.4", 86/87 was 31.1", 99/00 was 15.4", '04/'05 was 12.4", and '06/'07 was 9.5" (it was pretty bad overall, but at least wintry for the month of February)

Wes is like 112 :bag: , that should be right around the year he retired. He may still have some memories from that year.

I do remember March of 1960 and it seemed like we had a constant train of snowstorms about once a week...I vaguely remember something about Wednesday's but could be wrong.  From 1958 on through about 1969 there were lots of good winters selling me on the diea I wanted to be a weather man,  I had never heard the term meteorologist until I got into high school. 

I do remember March of 1960 and it seemed like we had a constant train of snowstorms about once a week...I vaguely remember something about Wednesday's but could be wrong.  From 1958 on through about 1969 there were lots of good winters selling me on the diea I wanted to be a weather man,  I had never heard the term meteorologist until I got into high school. 

Good thing you decided on that career, or all of us here would still be holding on to weenie hope for every storm.

Installed my new solar radiation sensor today. It's going to get a work out.

I was looking into getting one of those as well. Ya know, since the MA is one the the sunniest places around, I'd get some good readings. You're right, with this upcoming no rain streak, you should get a good test of how it works.   :sun:  

what the hech weenies

Euro qpf for saturday night snow

JYO .12

BWI  .05

IAD .14

DCA .05

Well, there is moisture on the NAM, GFS and now EURO...not much but as someone who enjoys all snow not just the big ones....I would love to see this happen since I fly off to Arizona next week...funny as it may be colder there in the desert than here....ha ha

yeah.. i guess i just dont know my local geography still. helps explain why he is always so down on snow.

He needs to move N&W, his area is just about the worst location in our entire area to get snow. I live in NNE compared to him. Maybe if he moved he would not poo poo every storm to come along.

Archived