• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

70W seems to be the dividing line for the NJ coast. I think if it gets east of there, the LI landfall idea is more likely. If it stays west, it should be a NJ landfall.

Yeah...70 was the cutoff it seems to the southern solutions. Time window is closing now I think the SW tracks are gonzo. Now the question is are the models dead right or is the NE drift (again over several days on average) still done? We'll know soon.

Euro also makes a much wider turn. Far more serious.

Yes much more ominous. BTW hi Phil I had no idea that was you!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Deleware is worse case for NYC. All it needs is a small shift north now for the surge to miss NYC. Winds a hit no matter what. It won't have much of a core. BOS will have the same windspeeds as NYC.

The winds are slightly weaker for LI sound if it is SNJ or south.. central NJ, or NNJ it doesn't matter. Also with a CNJ/NNJ landfall pressures are lower. And yeah, this run increases odds of a miss to the east for NYC, but verbatim it is worst case scenario.

Yes, I'm narrow minded -

If you think I'm feeble minded enough to say it doesn't look that way because of its unprecedented nature you are not correct with that assessment.

Not calling you narrow minded. But when someone suggests a model solution isn't meteorologically sound, usually some reasoning follows

Oh boy..A NYC landfall or LI landfall is now imminent...

And how exactly do you figure that? It's two to three days away and the models have been fluctuating all on the Jersey and Delaware coast. So the latest Euro run, the same Euro you have been trashing all day because it was a miss shifts up north and all of a sudden you can declare a LI landfall imminent. SMH, give me a break.

Pressure has risen to 962 mb, up from the lowest pressure of 957 mb 6 hours ago. I don't think weakening was projected but then again 6 hours is such a short period it could easily not show up on the global models. I'm not using any of the hurricane models because this is far from a tropical cyclone. I'll be surprised if the pressure doesn't begin to fall in the next 6 hours.

Temperature only 3 °C warmer in the eye than the environment, so the warm core is weakening. Convection needs to fire near the center to strengthen the warm core and restart intensification.

i would think that if in 36 hours this loses it's warm core more, than there would be increased chance for an earlier phase and a further south landfall, if blocking and trough are still model'd the same

Timing wise any major shift from 0z to 12z? Just seeing if the models are simply delaying the phase. If so then further NE would seem to be possible.

Yeah, unless in 12 hours the EURO decides the phase occurs a little earlier than now suggested. Still plenty of time for other "minor" adjustments north or south.

Archived