amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you determining what runs don't look meteorologically sound?? Anomalous, sure, but claiming it doesn't look meteorologically sound just because it's unprecedented is a little narrow-minded

Yes, I'm narrow minded -

If you think I'm feeble minded enough to say it doesn't look that way because of its unprecedented nature you are not correct with that assessment.

I mean... Thinking has been CNJ for days.

Maybe the thinking here on this forum, but not overall. I'm not getting into the NHC discussion other than to say I'm not buying that their cone was intending to show a low passing into NJ...they were well south and are going to have to move the cone well north at 2 or 5pm. I also think when you look at the totality of the last several days there is a definitive move of all the models moving slightly NE in general. There's still a decent chance this swings through LI, JMHO.

Nope--only Berkshire County is Albany's. I'm in BOX's northwesternmost zone--Western Franklin. You're Litchfield county (Albany), right?

Ah, well then you know what it's like to be on the edge of a CWA. I'm actually pretty darn close to 3 different CWA's. But yeah, I'm in the southernmost section of the ALB CWA.

It has landfall in central NJ. That would appear to be within the NHC cone...

They'll be shifting the white part of that cone north. I'm highly doubting NE NC and SE VA should be more in the "zone" of potential track then say west central LI at this stage. Doesn't matter anyway, but it's time to shift. As thought the 12z provided some clarity and once again the Euro came back NE.

Maybe the thinking here on this forum, but not overall. I'm not getting into the NHC discussion other than to say I'm not buying that their cone was intending to show a low passing into NJ...they were well south and are going to have to move the cone well north at 2 or 5pm. I also think when you look at the totality of the last several days there is a definitive move of all the models moving slightly NE in general. There's still a decent chance this swings through LI, JMHO.

70W seems to be the dividing line for the NJ coast. I think if it gets east of there, the LI landfall idea is more likely. If it stays west, it should be a NJ landfall.

A few miles north or south is not going to matter to Phil, NY or NJ you are all in a bad position for this one

Yeah i should elaborate more...it means nothing to my area if its acy or sandy hook...im screwed either way..but euro track verbatim would give kevin more of a impact

Archived