e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Facebook...just a random person not a met or anything.

"As of current predictions and maps the hurricane isn't even going to hit Connecticut. Glad the grocery stores are out of food and gas stations have no gas now for nothing. Another case of big hype and little delivery."

How do we stop people from thinking like this? I thought the media was doing a decent job.

Speak for yourself...

The Euro and GFS are basically near each other... and ensembles agree. Its not in NYC where you claim it is over and over... its in C NJ

The OP GFS is on the southern edge of it's ensembles for sure. Two days ago the consensus track that most agreed upon was DE.... and that carried through until very recently http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2012/graphics/al18/loop_5W.shtml

If there's going to be any drift I expect it to be NE. Even at 48 hours we're looking at 50-100 mile model errors.

ALtkerrtrd_allmdl_sm.gif

Some posters have blinders on

I'd tell you to look in the mirror...but I am sure you will see nothing through your blinders.

You are fabricating/distorting the results of the models we have all seen. LF is not NY... it is C NJ as it has been stated and shown on various models on numerous occasions. Repeating your misinformation time and time again will NOT change the facts.

Additionally, I don't think it is fair to the other members of the forum. There are people that come here to find out what is going on and you are intentionally misleading in an attempt to perpetuate your personal agenda.

Honestly, I find it amazing you are still allowed to post on these forums.

I'd tell you to look in the mirror...but I am sure you will see nothing through your blinders.

You are fabricating/distorting the results of the models we have all seen. LF is not NY... it is C NJ as it has been stated and shown on various models on numerous occasions. Repeating your misinformation time and time again will NOT change the facts.

Additionally, I don't think it is fair to the other members of the forum. There are people that come here to find out what is going on and you are intentionally misleading in an attempt to perpetuate your personal agenda.

can we move this to the Banter thread.

From Facebook...just a random person not a met or anything.

"As of current predictions and maps the hurricane isn't even going to hit Connecticut. Glad the grocery stores are out of food and gas stations have no gas now for nothing. Another case of big hype and little delivery."

How do we stop people from thinking like this? I thought the media was doing a decent job.

You can blame NHC maps for this, JMHO.

Great post. It is clear that he is providing misleading information of landfall locations.

Guys...enough of the bickering. Teck it to the banter thread if you want to do that.

Although landfall in NJ is most likely, NYC/LI isn't totally out of the woods yet. We're still 48+ hours out. This is the New England subforum too so expect a little bit of bias from some posters wrt their backyards.

...HURRICANE SANDY...

BASED ON THE NAM/ECMWF BNDRY LAYER WIND ANALYSES... THE MODELS

HAVE INITIALIZED SANDY ABOUT 20 NM E OF THE OBSERVED 12Z POSN OF

28.8N 76.8W. THEIR CNTRL PRESSURES ARE ABOUT 10 MB HIGHER THAN

OBSERVED. THE GFS BNDRY LAYER WIND ANALYSIS COMPARES BETTER TO

OBSERVED POSN... THOUGH THE GFS CNTRL PRES IS 10-15 MB HIGHER THAN

OBSERVED.

the euro ens mean, the euro op, the gfs ens mean, the gfs op, and the sref mean are all on top of each other

15z SREFs look pretty far south...almost over delaware Bay/Cape May. 09z were maybe a tad north of them.

Euro/Euro ensembles/GFS/GEFS are all within 30-40 miles of eachother though which should increase confidence.

So is the track pretty much set or is there a possibility of this continuing to tick north?

There is still 48-60 hours before landfall...of course the track is not set. But the cone is narrowing. I think we can rule out those solutions from 24-36 hours ago that had E MA/Cape Cod as point of landfall and we can rule out the lower Delmarva peninsula landfalls. Probably now somewhere between W LI and Cape May...with C NJ probably being the favored area at the moment, but its not set in stone.

BX was question your statement of between sandy hook and NJ...did you mean NYC?

Oh, yeah that was a typo, I meant to say NY. The way it gets to landfall is actually probably more important for SNE than the actual spot on landfall. If it takes a wide right turn and gains a lot of latitude before taking a sharp hook left, that will make it worse for the east coast of MA...if it does a more NNW motiong into Sandy Hook, that is worse for SE CT/S RI.

Archived