• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

my dad said it was the same at bdl nothing there granby had some and he got here and couldnt believe it lol I cant believe there are huge flakes mixed in again kind of in shock

also 3 inches in southwick and westfield

I heard there was up to an inch and a half of snow in agawam...here in efpk there was 0.1 lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez I hate waiting for the snow to start..like watching paint dry...no snow yet in Augusta....nice to see that the low is starting to bomb out south of new england with colder air turning the rain back to snow in central Mass ...different track for the low now...

EDIT....Light snow breaking out now in Augusta Maine..just started past few minutes...about freaken time!

3" OTG here. It's a driving sleet right now, but snow was mixing in at times up until 9:30. Edit: now a 50/50 mix of snow and sleet as the heavier echoes come through. It's been very interesting to watch this flip back and forth. Warm layer must be thin and barely above freezing. The sleet should hopefully bulletproof my snow from whatever warmth comes this way later today and tonight and allow for at least some of it to last until the arctic front gets here. I find it interesting as Pete has snow on the east slope at almost my exact latitude 20 miles to my east. Classic example of upslope cooling on that side helping to keep the mid-level warmth at bay a bit longer.

Archived