• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

I personally thought it might be too cool yesterday morning, but the GFS at 12z still stayed the course, which made us wonder if the NAM/SREF were out to lunch. Then the 12z euro run came in similar so that's some good agreement there...when even the GFS wasn't too far off from the euro. Tough to weigh a forecast on one model and ignore other guidance so close to the event, but you can skew it one way which is what you had to do. The NAM and SREF just looked weird.

I remember the convo yesterday with all you guys, And i remember you saying that the nam and srefs being warm were troubling, It sat out there on an island but you really could not discount it, Just glad it went up in flames this time around

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I think that Dual-pol radar has come across a Cold Air Damming situation... Its performing fantasticly! Clear line between Snow and Rain on the Correlation Cofficient mode. Bottom left is the cross section with bright banding rain/snow line.

post-741-0-06267400-1326374792.png

Yea I was looking at that very cool, question though, no animation on that product?

For those who like to bash the Euro when they get a chance...they will never mention this event...completely schooled other guidance in holding the cold in at the mid-levels.

But regardless...nice event. Its refreshing to get one that overperforms a bit here...hopefully it goes well up north. I can only think it bodes well for yall up there if I am still 100% snow well after 13z.

yea and those who bash the weenie snow maps for the Euro on Wu, uh , dead nuts.

Flakes have increased in size markedly over the past minute or two....the end might truly be near now....even though I said that hours ago, lol. Looks like we are getting chunks of aggregrates....but at the moment it is ripping...we might even push 4" here. Probably won't make it, but with this storm, you never know...its been an over producer.

lakes have increased in size markedly over the past minute or two....the end might truly be near now....even though I said that hours ago, lol. Looks like we are getting chunks of aggregrates....but at the moment it is ripping...we might even push 4" here. Probably won't make it, but with this storm, you never know...its been an over producer.

Becoming extremely windy here as well, Will. Hazardous conditions outside for sure, roads look terrible and it's blowing heavy snow all around.

I remember the convo yesterday with all you guys, And i remember you saying that the nam and srefs being warm were troubling, It sat out there on an island but you really could not discount it, Just glad it went up in flames this time around

Yeah being so close you can't toss it, but when it looks funny...it's usually a red flag. Even our in house model was colder than the NAM.

Archived