• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

Congrats, Rick--you're doing pretty well with this!

Wind gusting to 15mph from 74*

30.6/30

Looks like BOX put out a more tepid map than the earlier one that hit GC really hard. I'll (we all) take what we can get.

That NWS map/call didn't have anything for me but some accums to my west. It snowed here and rained there....go figure.

I'll take what I can get!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 and snowing light to mod. those very annoying little flakes that I guess are poor snow growth. Accumulating pretty well though...looks like close to 2 inches eyeballing.

2" seems generous, but I haven't been out yet either. Snow growth will be piss poor throughout...9:1 type deal.

Just monster flakes right now...the echoes keep washing out...so the CAD is doing some good even if the sfc is warmer than the Euro...the hills and the high are helping hold back that sleet line....yellow echoes continue to wash out and its ripping...but it looks like we lighten up for a bit soon, and that is the end one way or the other.

2im9ers.jpg

Just monster flakes right now...the echoes keep washing out...so the CAD is doing some good even if the sfc is warmer than the Euro...the hills and the high are helping hold back that sleet line....yellow echoes continue to wash out and its ripping...but it looks like we lighten up for a bit soon, and that is the end one way or the other.

2im9ers.jpg

Looks like 2" or so will do it?

I'm glad and surprised you are up to almost 4 already...figured you'd mix quicker out west. Even with rain your snow will survive. But you leave soon I think yes?

Still a few weeks but soon. My friend from AK has been here since the holidays and he feels so sorry for us getting excited over a 2-4" slop storm. Willow has received close to 40" since Sunday. A 20" snowfall there only garners a WWA.lol

.I'd pay money to have a normal sleep schedule again.

Not a system worth staying up all night for, that's fo'shizzle.

Snowing here this morn--haven't measured yet but it's less than an inch so far. As others have noted, tiny flakes/bad snow growth. I'll be surprised if we pull off 3".

Nice to see though, no complaints from this gallery of nuts.

Its 3 minutes to 12z here and still ripping all snow...pure flakes. The aggregates we had before have turned into normal dendrites. Over 2" now. Not sure how much longer this will last as the snow line has to be near or north of the pike now.

Archived