joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 0.5" on the dot...snow growth absolutely stinks right now...but ORH just went to this ob:

KORH 120926Z AUTO 05006KT 1/4SM R11/6000VP6000FT SN FZFG VV001 M01/M01 A2988 RMK AO2 P0004

So maybe we are about to see improvement, because it wasn't mod snow here a few minutes ago.

Meanwhile out here we have dropped 1.5 degrees in the last half hour.

Now 29.1F and the snow flakes are smaller. Some drifting.

A little bit more than an inch here in downtown Albany. We are hanging on to light snow, although the huge flakes we were seeing earlier have transitioned over to more and more ice pellets... the warm nose is approaching.

Got a report of 5 inches at the 2k foot level in the Eastern Catskills. I'm sure I'm over 3 inches.... I missed the heaviest echoes that went over ALB an hour ago and it's unfortunate because it would have been a better snow here at 29 degrees.

Winds too easterly to hold onto low level cold for long...this is all about how much longer we can hang onto snow...which isn't much longer I do not think

Flakes becoming much bigger here in the past 2-3 minutes...should stick better, but it also means the end is near...means aloft we are starting to aggregate better.

Probably will be lucky to keep this for more than about 30 minutes...but we'll see.

Ripping pretty good here. Have about an inch or so on the ground. Pretty breeezy. Davis shows it coming from 90, but I wonder if that's getting screwed up due to the flow up the hill as the flakes under the light are goingN-S.

Not pleased to see me at 30.5/30 already.

Menawhile, they just called a two-hour delay.

Archived