• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

That was a crazy event in western Mass yesterday. It can't all be put down to Upslope because it even affected them in Greenfield with a couple inches. The latter band in the early evening was pretty much pure Upslope.

Maybe an inch here today if you added up all the mostly snow showers. I see the main LES band is starting south so maybe a little from that here in the pre-dawn.

Three hours spent today trying to move yesterday's 5.5 inches of cement before it froze solid.

My wife said she thought we picked up another 4-5". I'll know for sure when I get home tomorrow night. Family ski day on Sunday at the B'east maybe I'll see you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy sh*t that was amazing drama yesterday

i dont know how much it snowed but it was pouring snow here in northern vermont switching over from rain, pretty much a whiteout going up to St albans from BTV and just ridiculous snow....maybe about 7-8 inches in sheet like fashion after everything flash froze over.

my first experience with vermont winter, loved it!

I think because there was an apparent bust on the Thursday forecast they went extremely conservative with the Friday forecast. But boy, did they miss the mark significant. I was expecting 2 or so inches when I left work at 6. It was clearly at least 4. The conditions on I-89 from Milton, VT to Burlington, VT were miserable. Didn't see any cars off the road but the ice underneath the snow made it interesting. Certainly an interesting storm (in reality two distinct ones but whatever).

yeah it was impressive, and i was totally caught off guard

i left work at 6pm and it was blowing sideways in a sheet of white, my car doors were frozen shut and the front was drifted over with snow....i was totally shocked when i walked out.

really cool event......but i agree, they were way off yestrdday, so probably gunshy after yesterday, everyone today was like wow this is crazy intense.

Archived