Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't looked at LR yet tonight, busy clearing snow. Let me guess, some model shows a torch. Whatever. This storm was supposed to be a rainer according to you and the other misguided warministas. Your team is a shambles, they might not make the playoffs again....ever.

I did? I wished all luck and congragulated all on there snow, I have been watching webcams today and its beautiful, buddy is at sugarbush says it was epic today, its snowing where its supposed to and that makes me happy for all those that love it and rely on it to make a living.

Enjoy your snow tomorrow night!

Haven't looked at LR yet tonight, busy clearing snow. Let me guess, some model shows a torch. Whatever. This storm was supposed to be a rainer according to you and the other misguided warministas. Your team is a shambles, they might not make the playoffs again....ever.

Your kidding right? A true swamp yankee would never clear that tiny amount especially after it was compacted to a couple inches, but you probably miss shoveling since its been such a snowless stretch since last October.

Easy on the back buddy.

I did? I wished all luck and congragulated all on there snow, I have been watching webcams today and its beautiful, buddy is at sugarbush says it was epic today, its snowing where its supposed to and that makes me happy for all those that love it and rely on it to make a living.

Enjoy your snow tomorrow night!

I'll be at the 'bush or MRG tomorrow. Game time decision. Thanks Joe. Maybe the Jets will get Peyton for his twilight season.

Your kidding right? A true swamp yankee would never clear that tiny amount especially after it was compacted to a couple inches, but you probably miss shoveling since its been such a snowless stretch since last October.

Easy on the back buddy.

I'm a mountain Yankee. Probably down there people don't clear snow because it melts so quickly. Here we like to make room for the inevitable next snow. I can understand that you wouldn't know this.

Easy on the back buddy.

If didn't clear my paltry few inches today my driveway would be a disaster for the next 2 weeks.

Snow tends to freeze at night outside of the tropics of S. Ct. ; )

Yeah and around here, elevation obviously helped...but even the N/S gradient must have been really tight at same elevation since the snow/sleet line was rotting over southern Worcester for good time this morning while the snow was falling hard. I imagine places like Millbury and Sutton just to the south of ORH got like 2 inches or maybe even a little less.

Real tight.

Just S of Greenfield, visually, it was night and day in terms snow amounts. The narrowness of the Valley up here was probably the deciding factor.

We rocked from 9 to 11am but anywhere S was pinging or wet.

Mix tomorrow morning then snow... long duration storm. Right now we are seeing light snow grains or a snow mist at 30F.

Friday: Rain or freezing rain before 11am, then freezing rain between 11am and noon, then snow after noon. High near 33. South wind between 7 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

drivin up 93 from n shore to henniker today around 1245... noticed ......some snow near andover on ground ...mostly gone thou.....then as i crossed into methuen...the ground was white........and as i got into salem ,nh the trees were glazed and the ground was white.....into derry there seemed to be a bit more accumulation on trees with more snow then glaze ...and this was the deal from londonderry thru manchester and up to concord ....all the while it was frz rain /sleet .....as i tood exit 5 off of 89 ....a few flakes mixed in..and in henniker it was just snow. yay

Some nice totals filtering in. Scarborough with 10" ... Old Orchard Beach with 9" .... PWM checked in with 7.9". Oddly enough, it seems like the coast was the place to be for this one. I have 5 and change.

I've got about 10" IMBY. I don't remember ever ending up with the jackpot. The snow was surprisingly dry, and I never did see any pingers. I guess this makes me part of "the 1%" in this weird winter. :snowman:

Tomorrow could be interesting. GYX mentions possible lightning along with the wind, and seems to be leaning colder.

I'm conflicted. I meansured at my house at 6:30AM or so and got 1.7". Then I was in Leominster and Princeton all day (4" in Leominster in case anyone cares)

I just got home after doing the ski program at WaWa (no one there, btw, it was great)

Measured a few spots. Got 3.6-3.9" Anyone mind if I put in a 4"for my total since I think the sleet hammered it a little, plus settling?

I would not report this to NWS, but just for my own obs...

Roads were not good on the way to the mountain. Saw a big tractor trailer jackknifed on Rte 2 (one from my old hazmat company!), but not too bad on the ride home.

Maxed at 31F here today

I'm conflicted. I meansured at my house at 6:30AM or so and got 1.7". Then I was in Leominster and Princeton all day (4" in Leominster in case anyone cares)

I just got home after doing the ski program at WaWa (no one there, btw, it was great)

Measured a few spots. Got 3.6-3.9" Anyone mind if I put in a 4"for my total since I think the sleet hammered it a little, plus settling?

Roads were not good on the way to the mountain. Saw a big tractor trailer jackknifed on Rte 2 (one from my old hazmat company!), but not too bad on the ride home.

Maxed at 31F here today

Yeah i am going to call foul on that total, Are you sure you were not measuring thru the blades of grass.........lol

I think your fine dave

Maxed at 31F here today

4" is reasonable and matches the area well, if not a little low. I'm going with 4.5" here. The snow compacted a lot once it changed to sleety rain.

Also, nasty freezing drizzle out right now. My car has a perfect shield of ice. Main roads are mostly wet.

4" is reasonable and matches the area well, if not a little low. I'm going with 4.5" here. The snow compacted a lot once it changed to sleety rain.

Also, nasty freezing drizzle out right now. My car has a perfect shield of ice. Main roads are mostly wet.

I left my ice scraper at home (forget why I took it out).

My car was the only one left in the lot at school. The plows had cleared around it, and I spent 15 min clearing it off.

My wife figured 4-5" at Gardner, but she is no weenie. I wish we had posters from there and Winchendon. There is one from Templeton who rarely posts. One from Barre, who must live near a volcano, because his totals tend to be way lower than mine. Subdude is in Westminster, then you and I

For a little while there was someone in Royalston

Archived