• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

I needed a few days to get my head straight. We've got 10 days or so here of winter..so I'm going to enjoy them ..some brutal brtal cold this weeked..hopefully next weeks storm/storms trend snowier..if not...it's almost Februrary,,,and by then the sun angle is high enough for tanning

You may need a few more days down the road.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, long range is nasty after the 20th, heartbreaking really, I am starting to thing that my 0.0 for met winter might hold till March 1st. I have never been this down in the dumps before its gut wrenching.

Get the lawns ready for mowings by late Feb..start lescoing now...think of all the additional money you'll make. That's amost a 45 day head start on when you would normally start mowing

Yeah tough to go bullish in SWFE because the DS or rather disorganized QPF always flies in pretty quick. People last Feb 2 learned that the ahrd way..lol. Some OCMs had 12-24" when that clearly was not going to happen...especially with a 700 low going nw of you.

Returns are much more showery off to my SW, But the stuff moving up from boston looks like its going to move thre here, The models had showed some of this for my area so we shall see

Our Tolland wx watcher at 1000ft only reported 0.5" of snow.

Did he get up late? 1+ Stafford, Collinsville, 1.5 North Woodstock

He either got up late or isn't at 1,000'. It was probably a combination...it was ripping for at least an hour if not more so 1.5" at 1,000' is more likely. I had around 1" at 675'.

He;s not 1000 feet. I know where he lives.

There was no snow under 500 feet and about 1/2 an inch at 700 feet..

I can confirm that....I'd check with your wx watcher and see what his story is.

Archived