northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes when low pressure approaches, you get an increased wind from the NE. That may be helping to drain the colder air into your area. I think what we might see, is temps possibly inch up a degree or maybe two, then perhaps fall back a bit after 18-20z.

Do you expect that would provide for snow vs. rain tonight/tomorrow? That would be nice.

Looks like I may be having some zr now.

29.7/29

Not sure what bong your're toking,, but if you read ANY of the mets posts today..the Euro absolutley nailed this event and the colder end result. it was the ONLY model to see the cold and snowier scenario.

The NAM blew donkey ass

Will said it had him flipping at 6am go back and read it. He snowed well after that period, much to his shock as well.

It did the best, but it was far from perfect. It snowed longer and more to the south than any model predicted.

In this case dynamics probably helped to mute out the warm layer and the 0c 8h line that it depicted was the best indication of the rain snow line this time.

I didn't say anything about the NAM did I?

Do you expect that would provide for snow vs. rain tonight/tomorrow? That would be nice.

Looks like I may be having some zr now.

29.7/29

I think it would be lingering ZR or FZDZ as the mid levels dry out and we lose the moisture for ice nuclei. Tomorrow, the front might give you some shwrs or even a rumble of thunder, then perhaps some flurries in the aftn.

I think it would be lingering ZR or FZDZ as the mid levels dry out and we lose the moisture for ice nuclei. Tomorrow, the front might give you some shwrs or even a rumble of thunder, then perhaps some flurries in the aftn.

Everything Here is caked with snow. I'm wondering if this zr- continues if we'll see some minor damage around here..

Communication wires are hanging low

28/ 5"

22.1F Moderate snow vis 1/4 6". Brian, do you think that last batch in Mass will get us or slide east? If we miss it I will end up with around 7" if we get it perhaps 8"

I probably will to some extent...you'll be close. I'm hoping it's all snow here...maybe I'll crank out another inch. The aggregates are huge right now. The CAD is slipping a bit too...up to 24.5F.

Looks like some convection in the GOM heading north just off shore up here, Some 50 dbz stuff in that cell

Melting layer. Those echoes are around 4kft, and that matches up well with the heights that correlation coefficient starts really dropping on the KBOX 88D. Nice to see they got dual-pol up and running in time for this event.

Melting layer. Those echoes are around 4kft, and that matches up well with the heights that correlation coefficient starts really dropping on the KBOX 88D. Nice to see they got dual-pol up and running in time for this event.

Not to go OT, but when does GYX make the upgrade?

Any timetable for GYX changing to that radar?

Archived