Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another band moving in. coming in as nice moderate sized flakes.

What do you have now Mark? That band your getting now came by with little fanfare. Just some flakes and a few sleet pellets mixed in. Total here just a bit under 5.5 inches so im stoked about that. I was thinking 4 or under so I was happy to over perform during this winter.

Radar is worrying, is that really going to be the back edge entering Maine, or the CT stuff going to expand?

Definiely almost over ... That heavier region of rad returns over ORH and about is the back edge. Should be done S to N over the next hour. Probably be some rotted gunk under the radar beam through the evening as we will enter a kind of low level "col" - region of no flow - after the coastal skirts away. Temps probably fall back toward 31 in a lot of inland areas and be on the look out for some flashing -

I was almost done with winter. The 3.5" today just threw fuel on the fire for wanting a three-foot blizzard

I don't think you were the only one. When we get into the dead of winter with no snow in the ground in NNE you start thinking about rising sun angle amongst other things. Who knows maybe these next eight to ten will be our best days of winter, I hope not but its possible. Just happy to have snow on the ground again for the time being.

Looks like it's already happening... AFN, EEN and ASH all fell 2 F in the last hour and their winds backed to NNE

Is that area of precip going to be heavy ZR here? Its only 28 here..

Funny thing about this is that I saw the same snow today ad I saw in boxing day lol

Winter's back folks.. no more pattern change alphabet soup.

Definiely almost over ... That heavier region of rad returns over ORH and about is the back edge. Should be done S to N over the next hour. Probably be some rotted gunk under the radar beam through the evening as we will enter a kind of low level "col" - region of no flow - after the coastal skirts away. Temps probably fall back toward 31 in a lot of inland areas and be on the look out for some flashing -

Yea, once John gets a few drinks in him lol

Seriously, though....it's the backside refreeze that I stressed as the most threatening aspect of this whole ordeal in my neck of the woods.....not the half inch pearl necklace that ma nature laced us with as a prelude to the rains.

I think when the mid level center moves by … the WAA will cut, and the low levels will slosh back S from S NH/VT… 28-31 there will flood over and flash freeze this evening I bet.

One of my genius neighbors asked me why I cleared the driveway "becuase it's all going to melt later."

I shook my head and told him I had a different forecast for my yard. lol

I don't think you were the only one. When we get into the dead of winter with no snow in the ground in NNE you start thinking about rising sun angle amongst other things. Who knows maybe these next eight to ten will be our best days of winter, I hope not but its possible. Just happy to have snow on the ground again for the time being.

I think the end of October was our best days of winter ... :unsure:

I think the end of October was our best days of winter ... :unsure:

I'm fine with that to a certain extent because I had 21 inches, which is a damn respectable best storm of the year. There really is a lot of winter left on the calendar and it looks better than it did. Hopefully we just don't go back toward what we have had so far.

Archived