• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

I was afraid of that. Hopefully the better lift in that last band coming up from MA will be able to keep it snow up here, but there's a good chance I ping.

that'll just put a crust and give us some start at bulletproofing. Really good rates and flakes during bursts this morning. Finally feels like winter....actually given no prestorm snowpack it looks like mid December right now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be lingering ZR or FZDZ as the mid levels dry out and we lose the moisture for ice nuclei. Tomorrow, the front might give you some shwrs or even a rumble of thunder, then perhaps some flurries in the aftn.

Thanks. The forecast this morning was for up to an inch tomorrow--I was hoping the colder solution now would bump that a bit.

Looks like I'm done here now. Temp continuing to tick ever-so-slowly downward. Very interesting.

Not to go OT, but when does GYX make the upgrade?

The schedule towards the back end is still in a little bit flexible, but we're due in August.

We probably won't have any convection then. :axe:

Wish it was operational right now, this would be a great example for the CC product. All snow events are rather boring when it comes to dual-pol.

Thanks. The forecast this morning was for up to an inch tomorrow--I was hoping the colder solution now would bump that a bit.

Looks like I'm done here now. Temp continuing to tick ever-so-slowly downward. Very interesting.

Maybe you briefly flip to snow at the end, but I actually wouldn't be shocked if you still were below freezing as the front comes through. You mix out and go to upper 30s or 40 briefly and then fall like a rock in the aftn.

I was sound asleep as I expected wire to wire rain.. I had 1.3 inches..I was surprised to wake up and see snow. There also had been a little zr as the trees had a light icing on them..but had risen to 32.8 when i left. Plows were out. Haven't been out since October :axe:

I hovered right around 32° all night but did step out on my porch to "experience" the snow and then went back to bed. Plows woke me up...seemed like such an odd sound.

I thought there might be some icing a little higher up. When I was 32.8° or something like that it was still below 32° at both my stations in Union when it was mostly rain/mix here.

I was afraid of that. Hopefully the better lift in that last band coming up from MA will be able to keep it snow up here, but there's a good chance I ping.

I thought so at first but its snow with that band here again. Id be more worried it'll fall apart before reaching you than pingers

Archived