• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chesta
    Newest Member
    Chesta
Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dryslot

Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

Figured to get an obs thread going for the thurs storm, Has cooled considerbaly overnight as cold front has pushed SE thru here we are down to 16.0F, Looking for mainly snow here with IP and FRDZ on the end.

lol sry

looking forward to a nice soaking rain with warm temps through fri midday as the cool front comes through, looks like 50-55 here tomorrow and around 50 friday morning prior to the front.

Beautiful temps, I should be congragulated!

You NNE people who get snow are annoyingLol hope you get 10"

Yeah, Its a north of the pike, NNE special ..lol, I'll be happy with any dave

Dark, 29. Temp has gone up 2-3 degrees since late-afternoon, with an E wind. DP at 15 though, and I see that really cold, dry stuff not all that far to the north. Hoping for at least a couple inches before things get messy.

Temp had been down to 27.9 but now up to 29.7. I think the wind went calm for a while and picked back up a tad. At least I hope that's what it was and not just a bad sign.

Temps generally in the upper 20s across the hills around here...dews are running in the low to mid 20s.

mesomap.jpg

30.3F and overcast.

Hopefully weenie flakes start flying by 06z. Hopefully the NAM is wrong in the mid-levels.

32.7° F and overcast. This is actually down about 2° F in the last 90 minutes. I should start precipitating within the hour. I expect to start as some snow, but this will depend on what the mid-levels are like. Not liking all of those bright reflectivities to my west out in the Catskills. Probably rain or a rain, sleet mix out there.

30/25 stray flakes.

DP has actually droped 2 degrees the past hour. That can't be bad!

I'm good for another 30 minutes so I'll post one more ob before bed time.

Nice and cold up here... I'm at 20/15. BTV is at 18/12. Widespread teens and low 20s up this way. Plattsburgh, NY on the eastern side of the Champlain Valley is a chilly 15/8 right now. Plenty of low level cold air in the region.

A lot colder than I expected around here going into this. Of note though is the western slopes of the Greens which will get downsloped to the point where they'll be raining when everyone else is snowing. Gusts to 50mph and compressional warming with ripping SE flow. You can see they are already upper 20s and low 30s on the immediate western slope while further west in the Champlain Valley is in the teens.

20/15 with widespread areas of darkness.

Man you can really see the difference between the upslope side of the Greens and the downslope side on these SE low level jet systems.

Stowe side is at 19F on east side of Mansfield (upslope) and Underhill is 31F on the west slope (downslope). Damaging winds expected on the west side of Mansfield.

Some light snow currently falling even though radar shows nothing. Very small flakes however.

Edit: actually there are some decent sized aggregates in there too so snowgrowth not horrible yet.

A coating on cars and driveway already. Feeling a little better about my chances now. Kind of surprised radar isn't picking this up as its a legit light snow.