• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What's your Season Total Snowfall so far?

TugHillMatt

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think DTW rolling in around 4-5 inches. This winter around SEMI is rolling along fine. Not sure what the December average is for the city but it seems Detroit is 1 good storm away from going above normal in snow. Unreal given the abundance of departures around the lakes.

This Winter is back end loaded. Still think DTW will roll in at below average though around 35 inches.

BTW??? What is the obsession with Winter weather on these forums and in the weather geek/dork world.?? I find it interesting how so many posters live for winter weather. Not knocking it at all it's just a tad interesting. I too love the winter but too me it's just another season. Maybe it's because im summer guy or something.

Think DTW rolling in around 4-5 inches. This winter around SEMI is rolling along fine. Not sure what the December average is for the city but it seems Detroit is 1 good storm away from going above normal in snow. Unreal given the abundance of departures around the lakes.

This Winter is back end loaded. Still think DTW will roll in at below average though around 35 inches.

BTW??? What is the obsession with Winter weather on these forums and in the weather geek/dork world.?? I find it interesting how so many posters live for winter weather. Not knocking it at all it's just a tad interesting. I too love the winter but too me it's just another season. Maybe it's because im summer guy or something.

DTW is at 4.2" through Dec 9th, normal through the 9th is 3.3". So yes, we are rolling along just fine. IMBY I am at 3.1", as I got an inch less with the snowstorm on the 5th. I dont think a lot of people realize just how early it is. This is purely a statistic and nothing more, but going by "averages", DTW should have seen 7% of its seasonal snowfall so far with 93% yet to come.

Well with the prospects of a touch of snow tonight and tomorrow and the potential snowstorm late next week DTW might be able plow through the Dec average.

This might be one of those Jan where the floor drops out into full force wild swinging winter.

you mean a rainstorm next week.

Archived