• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be working out as expected. D-2" here looks fine, probably Boston too. 1-3" Will. Lawns are covered here but it's already starting to vanish as the sun is visible through the clouds. Roads are just wet. Later February sun FTL.

Less than an inch, I'll wait until visibility comes up before I go measure it sounds like this 1-2 mile visibility snow is actually accumulating.

Awesome job by the RGEM. 0z NAM did okay too highlighting that heavy band around NYC/LI.

Finished with 8" here...there is still some banding back in central PA that may brush the NYC area later, but for all intents and purposes the main event has come to a close in this area.

Photo of a garbage can measurement, uncleared throughout the storm, about 30 minutes ago:

Juhring Estate Nature Preserve:

SW CT had about 7" as well, with some 7.5" totals in NNJ. Nice firehose of precipitation came through the I-80 corridor in Central PA.

So 7.5" for you looking at that garbage can photo with the ruler?

I read that as the photo was taken earlier...more has fallen.

Models did a great job targeting that area. I thought on an off for a day or two they were pointing towards the jackpot center around SE NY/NNJ and NYC/LI. NIce.

Yeah it was taken 30-40 minutes before the storm ended....we picked up a bit more so I went with 8" for the total. The garbage can had not been cleared at all during the event despite that our first flakes were probably around 10:30pm and it didn't end till 8am.

The RUC and HRR did a great job of pinpointing the heavier banding in SE NY.

-SN

28.1/26

8" new

Goodnight folks.

Yeah it was taken 30-40 minutes before the storm ended....we picked up a bit more so I went with 8" for the total. The garbage can had not been cleared at all during the event despite that our first flakes were probably around 10:30pm and it didn't end till 8am.

The RUC and HRR did a great job of pinpointing the heavier banding in SE NY.

-SN

28.1/26

8" new

Goodnight folks.

Cool. They also did a pretty good job with the dual bands although may have been a smidge weak north of Boston. It pretty much is what it is which is a nuisance event for a huge majority of New England. It's nice to see it snow here, nicer that it isn't costing a money strapped town a dime as it's melting on the roads.

--

We have exactly 1" here, .2" to get the number. Surprised, very very fluffy.

Light snow but good snow growth Better lift would bring some nice rates. Well signaled...models did a nice job the final 2 days of this event. I have no idea what I have but my guestimate is maybe an inch? Will go out with the dog to the woods after I eat my breakfast to get a better idea. Snow has cleaned things up in the urban mess for now.

Can someone get on the horn with CDC and tell them to take their heads out of their asses, do some work, and update the Wheeler Diagram for the MJO - which they have not done since Jan 31???

I just called. They said and I quote: "Buzz off weenie...winter's over" Bastards.

Archived