• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKMET is going the GFS route. I think we have increased chances now late week. That extreme Canadian Cold may bleed in JUST in time.

NAM continues to look quite warm at 84 hours... 6z DGEX was right in line with the EURO and 12z NAM continues that way.

I think the 00z GGEM looks like a nice middle ground solution. That massive trough digging down the west coast should pump the heights in the SE a bit more than the GFS has... that seems to be why other models are further NW. More ridging in the SE and less confluence over NNE.

UKMET is going the GFS route.  I think we have increased chances now late week.  That extreme Canadian Cold may bleed in JUST in time.

Yes. That Canadian high is the final arbiter of the track. seems to have a good push and is what is forcing the disturbance underneath us.

NAM continues to look quite warm at 84 hours... 6z DGEX was right in line with the EURO and 12z NAM continues that way.

I think the 00z GGEM looks like a nice middle ground solution. That massive trough digging down the west coast should pump the heights in the SE a bit more than the GFS has... that seems to be why other models are further NW. More ridging in the SE and less confluence over NNE.

Looks to be a fine line here, On the fri-sat storm, GFS would be a fringe job, Sunday looks like it could be a decent event

My point is that UKMET may be moving in that direction so we'll see about the Euro. NAM is warm. DGEX is worthless warm, cold, summer, fall, winter, spring.

It wasn't a freak band. Looks like widespread 2-3" from ORH-BOS on north to the NH border.

I should have downgraded to 2-4", but I was stubborn.....HATE downgrading because it implies a significant error in the previous thought process.

Always better to upgrade.

Always room for improvement.

I thought you took our reports from here. I send mine in but they do not seem to make it. Anyway 1.75 new here

Hi Steve!

Not supposed to take them from here, but I know Kevin is a spotter for us. He usually sends it via web spotter report, so I see it here and there.

Kevin just sent it in...2.4"!! I don't see a report there from you, though, on our system. Give it a shot again. Thanks!

--Turtle ;)

It wasn't a freak band. Looks like widespread 2-3" from ORH-BOS on north to the NH border.

I'm just going by NOAA's statement from a few minutes ago.

THE BEST LIFT AND LOW LEVEL ENERGY REMAINED ACROSS SW CT INTO N NJ

NEAR THE H850 WARM FRONT. NOTED SOME REPORTS OF 5-7 INCHES OF SNOW

THERE. HIGHEST REPORTS FOR OUR AREA WERE AROUND 2-3 INCHES ACROSS

THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES...BUT MOST REPORTS WERE GENERALLY

AROUND AN INCH SO FAR.

STILL NOTING A BAND OF LIGHT SNOW ACROSS N MA INTO S NH...CENTERING

AROUND ROUTE 2...WITH ANOTHER SMALLER BAND FORMING ACROSS SE MA.

EXPECT THIS TO SHIFT E AND WEAKEN THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON. COULD SEE

A FEW MORE LOCATIONS RECEIVE UP TO ANOTHER INCH OF SNOW. HOWEVER...

BASED ON RADAR TRENDS AND REPORTS RECEIVED...CANCELLED THE WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY.

Actually I think Ray thought this out very well, there was going to be a fronto band north of the main axis, showed up well on all models. I thought I would be in it actually thats why I went with 4 here.As far as getting excited by 2 inches, well hell yea, we do not get 200 inches a year and just went through a dry spell so the refresher looks awesome. My daughter came home from Johnson State last night in the snow, had a rough drive as they left at the worst possible time, ah girls......

Yeah, my apologies to Ray. I didn't realize that he was thinking about the fronto bands... figured he had 3-6" from several days ago and decided to just ride it out and get lucky. Good call dude.

Oh hey I'm just as excited over my 1-2" of snow... it is just funny how you have a thaw and all you crave are those little white flakes.

You're daughter must be having a great winter in Johnson... they've had some great snow this season and I'm sure she knows all about the near-daily dusting-2" from snow showers, lol.

I think Euro comes towards it. UKMET appears to be doing that this run and that often is a precursor on the Euro but no guarantee. GFS is using EPO to do the deed. It won't be 50s and rainy imo.

Hope not....but how many times have we seen the GFS/UKie in the cold suppressed camp..and the Euro in the warm ,rainy one? The answer is alot..and guess which one always wins in the end

Hi Steve!

Not supposed to take them from here, but I know Kevin is a spotter for us. He usually sends it via web spotter report, so I see it here and there.

Kevin just sent it in...2.4"!! I don't see a report there from you, though, on our system. Give it a shot again. Thanks!

--Turtle ;)

I just sent one, but I'm a mere "General Public" peasant.

Just enough WAA and frontogenesis in the 850 to 700 layer...probably even higher than that. Note how the wind vectors converge over ne mass at 850. That probably extends a little higher up to. Indicative of frontogenesis and deformation.

Weak lift over ne mass and cstl Nh and ME.

Combine that with heavy heavy RH.

My point is that UKMET may be moving in that direction so we'll see about the Euro. NAM is warm. DGEX is worthless warm, cold, summer, fall, winter, spring.

Oh I know the DGEX is worthless, but I tend to think it has some value being a continuation of the NAM and that it has been agreeing with the EURO. I know its not the same as the ETA/EURO double E rule, but it always makes me nervous when meso-scale models start agreeing with the superior resolution of the EURO. What are they seeing that the GFS isn't?

EURO and NAM would imply mix or rain even up here... I'd rather this go south and hit SNE than bring rain up here.

I'm just going by NOAA's statement from a few minutes ago.

THE BEST LIFT AND LOW LEVEL ENERGY REMAINED ACROSS SW CT INTO N NJ

NEAR THE H850 WARM FRONT. NOTED SOME REPORTS OF 5-7 INCHES OF SNOW

THERE. HIGHEST REPORTS FOR OUR AREA WERE AROUND 2-3 INCHES ACROSS

THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES...BUT MOST REPORTS WERE GENERALLY

AROUND AN INCH SO FAR.

Thanks for reading my AFD! ;)

Just sent a new Public Information Statement (PNS) with totals we have so far.

--Turtle ;)

Oh I know the DGEX is worthless, but I tend to think it has some value being a continuation of the NAM and that it has been agreeing with the EURO. I know its not the same as the ETA/EURO double E rule, but it always makes me nervous when meso-scale models start agreeing with the superior resolution of the EURO. What are they seeing that the GFS isn't?

Well if Euro is the same at 12Z, then that point is well taken. But we don't know yet for today.

Just enough WAA and frontogenesis in the 850 to 700 layer...probably even higher than that. Note how the wind vectors converge over ne mass at 850. That probably extends a little higher up to. Indicative of frontogenesis and deformation.

Weak lift over ne mass and cstl Nh and ME.

Combine that with heavy heavy RH.

Whoops...here is the 700 lift.

It was just N of ORH where it set up. Most of the time Will was on the S edge and I was south of it. I wouldnt be surprised if N worcester gets 2.5 while I got 1.8. Not a big difference, but with totals that small you can tell where the band set up.

Hi Steve!

--Turtle ;)

Done, whats up with all the error messages on radar etc.

Hope not....but how many times have we seen the GFS/UKie in the cold suppressed camp..and the Euro in the warm ,rainy one? The answer is alot..and guess which one always wins in the end

I still don't by a colder solution for us, but I could see CNE and NNE get in. I think euro op is too amped up, but I'm not sure it matters for my area. I'd love to see the GFS give a big F.U. to the euro.

Archived