• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 5:30am...

0.9" new at 800ft in Stowe village

1.0" new at 1,500ft ski area base

We've added another few tenths since then... not snowing more than .1-.2"/hr

This event will probably go down in the 1.5" range. Its hard to call that an "event" given that we seem to pick up more than that during surprise orographic snow squalls and showers, but it is what it is.

This is why we were preaching to the choir yesterday about looking at big picture/lift...etc instead of qpf..but some never listen

I thought there was a lot of discussion about the big picture and "lift"? The lift was too far south for this to become a decent event... Ryan posted tons of images explaining this and why it wouldn't be a widespread 6" event.

Has the QPF been wrong so far? I'm not seeing anything impressive as far as liquid totals go. We got around 0.1" liquid to our 1.0" of snow for a 10:1 ratio.

All snow is good, lol.

Today marks day 50 with a 12"+ snow depth, that never happens in sne outside of maybe MRG and MPM.

Average is back up to about 16-17" now, but we can't afford the rain torch on Friday if we want to keep the streak going. If we can avoid it and get snow/ice, I think we make a run at 75 days. If not, it will probably end on day 54.

Archived