• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

0z does look better then 12z fwiw

ECM looks pretty crappy...low is 996mb on the KS/MO border, tracks through Cleveland at 992mb, ends up at 991mb NW of PWM. Not great news for SNE.

Second system (Day 7) tracks over the IN/IL border at 994mb, looks like another rain event. With such a +NAO and a -PNA, we may be entering a period of cutters. We just have to hope the blocking pattern comes back soon or we'll be dealing with a few slop events, basically game over for the winter.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks as if all of SNE goes above 0C at 850mb, no?

Wouldn't a low tracking through Cleveland and then NY State mean rain for most of the region?

Its still a bad solution for all of us. Though I think he meant a little less amped up. Doesn't matter this run, but if it trended slowly S we might have something. I'm not too optimistic on it, though I've been keeping my eye on it for an ice situation in the interior.

Its still a bad solution for all of us. Though I think he meant a little less amped up. Doesn't matter this run, but if it trended slowly S we might have something. I'm not too optimistic on it, though I've been keeping my eye on it for an ice situation in the interior.

Doesn't it seem weird that the 0z ECM also tracks the next system through Illinois? Don't we usually get a sharper high pressure following such a big cutter that forces the ensuing storm system a bit farther south?

I was originally optimistic with the Day 7-8 system, since the 0z GFS had a weak clipper coming through and bringing down -12C 850s to NYC, but now the Euro wants to wash out the cold front, eliminate the clipper, and go with another massive rainstorm at 168 hours. It then does another cutter at 240 hours, would just be a brutal sequence of warmth and rain although not entirely unexpected with the +NAO/-PNA pattern that seems to be holding most of the cold air out west and over Canada.

Gotta crash becuase I'm drunk and the expectation\tired ratio is not favorable....kills me to do this, but....

Probably a good idea...though its probably snowing there now

It looks good for a few hours at least for central/western MA and down into SE MA perhaps and of course CT/RI.

mimn2x.jpg

Great band over Pete's hood right now....hoping all of that trains into my BY.

These are the bands we said that should be watched on the northern periphery of the precip shield. Its going to pile up very quickly in those bands given the current snow growth

2eolj01.jpg

I'm a little confused. That looks like a lot of moisture. Can someone explain why that's not going to crash into Southern New England?

Great band over Pete's hood right now....hoping all of that trains into my BY.

These are the bands we said that should be watched on the northern periphery of the precip shield. Its going to pile up very quickly in those bands given the current snow growth

2eolj01.jpg

I'm a little confused. That looks like a lot of moisture. Can someone explain why that's not going to crash into Southern New England?

Look at the direction its moving...ESE....so a lot of that will miss us to the south....the stuff in PA and extreme S NY....but we'll get a piece of it.

This is probably the peak of my storm right here....absolutely tearing huge dendrites. Doesn't get any better than this for snow growth...its too bad we couldn't have a slightly more amplified system otherwise someone probably would have seen 8"+ out of this with like 0.35" LE

1555lcz.jpg

lol. Absolutely ripping huge flakes right now. 25F. Too bad this couldn't stick around, looks like a real storm out there.

Yeah this is a brief glimpse of what we could have had for like 4-6 hours if the storm had been slightly more amped. Too bad this one of the exceptions where the confluence had to win out in a SWFE.

What a scene though for now that will end soon. Hopefully we can get another band in here before its done.

Yeah this is a brief glimpse of what we could have had for like 4-6 hours if the storm had been slightly more amped. Too bad this one of the exceptions where the confluence had to win out in a SWFE.

What a scene though for now that will end soon. Hopefully we can get another band in here before its done.

Looks like we have the heaviest snow in SNE right now. :snowman:

Looks like we have the heaviest snow in SNE right now. :snowman:

As said earlier, someone could have picked up 8"+ in 4-6 hours if it had been slightly more amplified. You can see how it looks right now. Its probably not even moderate snow...or if it is...barely. But it looks like heavy snow because the dendrites are damn near perfect...it acts like heavy snow for accumulation. Probably 1+ inch per hour with 3/4 to 1 mi vis.

Sucks that it will end in a few minutes. Then back to hoping for another band to get going. You can see the radar getting chewed up as it heads east. This wasn't far from a very good event, but you can't win them all.

Archived