• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what big picture? I have 0.5" as of 7am. This event is paltry as expected.

Haha I had the same reaction. Big picture shows a weak snow event... 2"-3" of high ratio fluff that compacts to .5" in 24 hours. I know about high ratio fluff quite well... because as Ray likes to say, any passing cloud over the Greens seems to queef a few inches of fluff with no liquid in it.

you honestly think most of CT will see that? I know you live near 1000 ft...so you're probably getting extra lift.

Doubtful...3 or 4 for most and that's mainly western CT I'd say 1-3 statewide would have been the better call. Ryan was right when he said snow growth was atrocious yesterday....

Doubtful...3 or 4 for most and that's mainly western CT I'd say 1-3 statewide would have been the better call. Ryan was right when he said snow growth was atrocious yesterday....

Snow growth was about as good as it could have been, pre daw hours it was fantastic, liquid equiv will suprise you, we got the most bang for our buck. Dramatic cutoff too, 3.5 here, and family in Greenwich says 5 and i think zuckie is close to 7 inches.

Snow growth was about as good as it could have been, pre daw hours it was fantastic, liquid equiv will suprise you, we got the most bang for our buck. Dramatic cutoff too, 3.5 here, and family in Greenwich says 5 and i think zuckie is close to 7 inches.

that's the gradient i thought might exist...but a few days ago i figured it would be more in the BOS to PSM region...not NYC to HVN.

Finished with 8" here...there is still some banding back in central PA that may brush the NYC area later, but for all intents and purposes the main event has come to a close in this area.

Photo of a garbage can measurement, uncleared throughout the storm, about 30 minutes ago:

Juhring Estate Nature Preserve:

SW CT had about 7" as well, with some 7.5" totals in NNJ. Nice firehose of precipitation came through the I-80 corridor in Central PA.

Archived