• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

I figure it will also depend upon how much energy comes out late week. Too intense and it cuts because we don't have a protective block. Just right and it's a decent event.... It is all about luck......

yeah i think its all about how loaded the jet is (and it is) wrt to proegressiveness and kicker abilities.

in all honesty, there is nothing up here to prevent the parade of storms upcmoing from going N and W other than an active jet, which wouldnt allow the heigts in the SE to get pumped up between systems.

should be an active pattern for somoene.

ive got my shovel, as well as my umbrella, on standby.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Euro is the same at 12Z, then that point is well taken. But we don't know yet for today.

Yeah, I'm hopeful we will see a middle ground solution by the EURO because its had at least 4 straight runs of this thing cutting pretty far inland over NY state. It has been very stable with that track while the GFS has been up and down.

Still think the 00z GGEM is the middle ground solution... and I'd take an average of the model solutions right now. Its rain on the EURO, flurries on the GFS... I'd take a middle ground steady snowfall lol.

Ray I see that band that has persisted over you really steaks right across from here. Yeah it persisted all morning, but is falling apart now. So it gets me from 2 inches to 3 inches I guess. ;) ..Not exactly a crippling storm, but nice covering on the glacier for my snow shoeing this afternoon.

We often see a compromise of some degree.

I still don't by a colder solution for us, but I could see CNE and NNE get in. I think euro op is too amped up, but I'm not sure it matters for my area. I'd love to see the GFS give a big F.U. to the euro.

The GFS already came north from 6z..Only a few more runs until it's NW of us like the EUro. It sucks..but it's reality on the end of week one. I guess maybe we can hope for a little snow/front end ice and only 40's instead of 50

i think the most exciting/interesting/disturbing trend im seeing on the models is that we are about to enter a hyperactive period.

someone is going to cash in bigtime.

and favoring tried and true seasonal trends for biggest anomalies carrying through the season......what if SNE does cash in?

it will be the greatest winter of your lives.

i think the most exciting/interesting/disturbing trend im seeing on the models is that we are about to enter a hyperactive period.

and favoring tried and true seasonal trends for biggest anomalies carrying through the season......what if SNE does cash in?

I actually think its your time to start cashing in...

Really like where this pattern is heading. 12z GFS looks good for us on Sun/Mon... if we miss the Friday storm, I'll take its depiction for Sunday into Monday... good backside upslope signal on that storm.

Problem is, if the GFS is wrong about Friday, there's no way the rest of the run is correct, lol.

Not feeln' this next event much, but once the calendar flips all hell is going to break loose.

Well 12 Z runs are trending to the GFS, will be interesting to see how this all transpires. GFS has been consistent for 4 runs but as I said earlier in many posts , surprised until today no chatter about it. If I lived near the Pike and toward Ray Ray I would be very excited.

Ensembles are still kind of mild, but do make it interesting for CNE. They also show some sort of front end snow or ice for the interior, but nothing like the op.

Archived