• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be pure mid winter tonight and tomorrow, winds blowing snow, cold as heck. 1.75 new here and still dendriting. Roads were snow covered on the way to work, all melted now. Just beautiful outside as you all know.

Yeah late Feb and still snowing but temps in the low 20s. Tonight will be brutal. Our daughter is at a sleep over so tonight may be good for my wife and I to hit one of the local joints and grab a steak....good beef wx.

I may make my 3"-6" range that looked like a joke....Dryslot said that I wasn't right for not conceding....him ftl.

Just don't underestimate the outer extent of frontogenesis....when in doubt, go high.

The Rev lives by that mantra.

You know its been a while since it snowed when people are getting excited about 2-3" of snow. Back in January no one would've blinked at a couple inches of high ratio fluff.

Messenger said that I was right for holding off on conceding and you responded "no he isn't".....unless you meant something else.....

I was responding to the race yesterday about waltrip not having a good day, Did not make any comment on snow as we were cooked here, This one belong to you guys south

If you can forecast a band that narrow that didn't have much model support you should be on TV or the weather channel.

Just saying, it's an isolated area, most got less.

The point is that I didn't back down because I knew that there would be a significant band making it further n than progs suggested.....was I confident that it would set up over mby, of course not, but I was within the envelope of plausibility in my estimation, thus I wasn't going to capitulate to the P Cloudy camp.

Like I was saying...integrate thoughts and ideas....we both had some great points.....lots of what you said cam to fruition, as well.

Don't take it the wrong way.

If you can forecast a band that narrow that didn't have much model support you should be on TV or the weather channel.

Just saying, it's an isolated area, most got less.

Luck has verified many a forecast... there's no way anyone could've progged that band over a small area that includes 1.5 counties.

But it doesn't matter even if its a freak band that gets you to your forecast amount, its a correct forecast even if for the wrong reasons.

Happens to me all the time, lol.

GFS forces Thurs night/Friday system under us. My appetite and wallet hopes so. I might taint but Ray would get 6+. That's the important thing.

As much as I hope it's right..I think we know the GFS will slowly come north and west ..to some degree..and we can hope the Euro comes south some..otherwise it's 50;s and rain

The point is that I didn't back down because I knew that there would be a significant band making it further n than progs suggested.....was I confident that it would set up over mby, of course not, but I was within the envelope of plausibility in my estimation, thus I wasn't going to capitulate to the P Cloudy camp.

Like I was saying...integrate thoughts and ideas....we both had some great points.....lots of what you said cam to fruition, as well.

Don't take it the wrong way.

Luck has verified many a forecast... there's no way anyone could've progged that band over a small area that includes 1.5 counties.

But it doesn't matter even if its a freak band that gets you to your forecast amount, its a correct forecast even if for the wrong reasons.

Happens to me all the time, lol.

Actually I think Ray thought this out very well, there was going to be a fronto band north of the main axis, showed up well on all models. I thought I would be in it actually thats why I went with 4 here.As far as getting excited by 2 inches, well hell yea, we do not get 200 inches a year and just went through a dry spell so the refresher looks awesome. My daughter came home from Johnson State last night in the snow, had a rough drive as they left at the worst possible time, ah girls......

As much as I hope it's right..I think we know the GFS will slowly come north and west ..to some degree..and we can hope the Euro comes south some..otherwise it's 50;s and rain

I think Euro comes towards it. UKMET appears to be doing that this run and that often is a precursor on the Euro but no guarantee. GFS is using EPO to do the deed. It won't be 50s and rainy imo.

Archived