• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

As said earlier, someone could have picked up 8"+ in 4-6 hours if it had been slightly more amplified. You can see how it looks right now. Its probably not even moderate snow...or if it is...barely. But it looks like heavy snow because the dendrites are damn near perfect...it acts like heavy snow for accumulation. Probably 1+ inch per hour with 3/4 to 1 mi vis.

Sucks that it will end in a few minutes. Then back to hoping for another band to get going. You can see the radar getting chewed up as it heads east. This wasn't far from a very good event, but you can't win them all.

Can't win em all. BTW, just measured, .75" so far in the 40 minutes since this band came through.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its looking pretty good for CT...esp HFD southward this morning. We might be out of luck for much more than another half inch...maybe an inch here. We did pick up almost an inch with that great band that came through, but upstream isn't look so hot for us NE of HFD.

The snow so far tonight has been representative of those soundings we saw....the snow growth cannot get any better. Even in this light stuff...its fat puffy perfect lake effect flakes.

Its just too bad we couldn't get a bit more lift into the region. I have no doubt we would have seen 25-30 to 1 ratios giving 8"....literally. I've seen them before in Ithaca, NY and this was like that stuff. I probably have close to an inch and I'd be shocked if I had actually 0.05" of qpf thus far.

I'm not sure what the snow growth in CT is like...but if its similar, then someone can really cash in.

The snow so far tonight has been representative of those soundings we saw....the snow growth cannot get any better. Even in this light stuff...its fat puffy perfect lake effect flakes.

Its just too bad we couldn't get a bit more lift into the region. I have no doubt we would have seen 25-30 to 1 ratios giving 8"....literally. I've seen them before in Ithaca, NY and this was like that stuff. I probably have close to an inch and I'd be shocked if I had actually 0.05" of qpf thus far.

I'm not sure what the snow growth in CT is like...but if its similar, then someone can really cash in.

Yeah, the flakes are really accumulating nicely down here...very puffy and great intensity. Temperature is 28F.

Radar seems to indicate this may be an overachiever in my area. Solid 25dbz returns look to stay over the area for a while...and we've still got the really heavy stuff along the I-80 corridor in Central PA that may get in here later. Already over 3".

Pouring perfect crystal like puffy dendrites.

26/23

out for an official measurement soon, but its piling up very quickly, snow growth must be just about perfect.

Yeah snow growth is amazing...I've been getting hit with good banding for a while now, stayed out of the dryslot to the south. Closing in on 5" of the fluffy stuff.

Despite the relatively high visibilities, snow piling up nicely at LGA.

METAR KLGA 211051Z 08006KT 1SM R04/6000VP6000FT -SN BR SCT003 BKN007 OVC025 M02/M02 A2982 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/4 SLP098 SNINCR 1/2 P0005 T10171022

SG is very good here too.

About 0.75" in Andover MA.

I figured we can keep this thread for the current meh snow event, and use my other thread to talk about the pattern going forward.

Great band over Pete's hood right now....hoping all of that trains into my BY.

These are the bands we said that should be watched on the northern periphery of the precip shield. Its going to pile up very quickly in those bands given the current snow growth

2eolj01.jpg

Thumped here for a while. Got up around 3:20 and it was dumping. 2.5" so it must have faded after I went back to sleep. -SN now, hoping for a bit more but it's just about what I expected (3-5"). If only MPM was more pious he might have gotten in on that band. Ullr sees and hears all.

Thumped here for a while. Got up around 3:20 and it was dumping. 2.5" so it must have faded after I went back to sleep. -SN now, hoping for a bit more but it's just about what I expected (3-5"). If only MPM was more pious he might have gotten in on that band. Ullr sees and hears all.

Looking at the radar, it appears that ULLR has decided to move away from teh whole of GC leving a big hole between the pike and the VT border. A few flakes sifting through the clear radar. I was hoping I'd get enough to cover the barrage of sticks and branches that came down over the weekend. Oh, well. Maybe on Friday.

Looking at the radar, it appears that ULLR has decided to move away from teh whole of GC leving a big hole between the pike and the VT border. A few flakes sifting through the clear radar. I was hoping I'd get enough to cover the barrage of sticks and branches that came down over the weekend. Oh, well. Maybe on Friday.

Only after paying a visit to his #1 fan here @1400' just east of the crest.lol Never fear Mike, more snow to come later this week and beyond. Off to play/work in the snow.Big Winter incoming. Big Big Winter.

Archived