• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

alb cooler trending.....LOGAN out there should get some nice FRZ rain soon.

i wouldn't count chelmsford out completely ....but they should be all rain by 7 either way.

thanks for link MJH.

i think you are in a very borderline area for wintry precip tommorrow.....rain to frz to sleet to snowstorm....close call IMO. lets see if we can get a secondary 50 miles SE of portsmouth nh and you in a DEFORMATION BAND from noon to five.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTW, I volunteered , plus double time and a half pay. I asked my wife to take pictures of the icing. Hopefully you get some snow and ice up that way.

I change my prior FTL to a hearty FTW!

Looking forward to some snow (not so much ice - wife will be out Black Friday shopping pre-dawn). If it happens, it'll probably fall when I'm busy with my beauty sleep and go down the proverbial drain before I awaken.

I change my prior FTL to a hearty FTW!

Looking forward to some snow (not so much ice - wife will be out Black Friday shopping pre-dawn).  If it happens, it'll probably fall when I'm busy with my beauty sleep and go down the proverbial drain before I awaken.

ugh Black Friday ;/   

Just got back from Taunton. Heavy heavy disaster ride down followed by a good time.

We drove past Wachusett both ways and it was impressive how good they got Conifer Connection looking. Sadly, no lights on when we drove past tonight.

30.9F here. Hoping for flakes later but will probably hear pingers plus rain

Just got in....sitting at 30.8/15.

Hoping for some frozen. We'll see what a little evap cooling can pull off. I had expected a more robust looking radar return when I turned on my ocmputer. Oh, well. I'll se what's up when I awake in 6 hours.

Post Thanksgiving sleep--FTW.

EDIT: just read the updated AFD, FTL. Keeping the advisory up, but seem much less enthused than earlier.

Hoping for some frozen. We'll see what a little evap cooling can pull off. I had expected a more robust looking radar return when I turned on my ocmputer. Oh, well. I'll se what's up when I awake in 6 hours.

Do you have to work? I would never get up at 430am by choice lol.

37.4/12 here now, not looking good for any frozen.

No sleep for me tonight- riding along with rescue 2 on columbus ave. So far nothing exciting.

ya seems like mid levels warm into VT and to a somewhat lesser degree NH (mt. washington is 28 f ) but mid l warning may not be such a issue in maine...esp should a secondary get going sooner .

i think there is a shot for considerable error on either side with these accums for maine and further SE than millinocket.

do you have a good link to any soundings data. i.e bangor...lewiston...portland want to see how the 800 mb level is doing / supposed to later.

GINX had a great link to some data when MPM asked him the other day the location of a cold front but i can't find it on my favorites page.

http://spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16

Will, what is the deal with this dp depressions....I mean, 34.4\15 here......should be able to muster some good evap. cooling, no....

Yeah you have a decent chance to start off as some sleet pellets but then it will go to rain once the column becomes more saturated. The wet bulbing may promote some ice for awhile further W and higher up.

Yeah you have a decent chance to start off as some sleet pellets but then it will go to rain once the column becomes more saturated. The wet bulbing may promote some ice for awhile further W and higher up.

Wouldn't I drop to about 28-29ish.....didn't expect to have that great of a depression.

Wouldn't I drop to about 28-29ish.....didn't expect to have that great of a depression.

If it started this second you would, but you are slowly warming too which is trying to offset evap cooling, so by the time the precip starts falling there, you might be more like a 33-34 type brief sleet that goes to rain.

If it gets in quick enough by like 2-3am and the burst is heavy enough, you could start as a brief period of snow too looking at soundings, but that is lower probability.

If it started this second you would, but you are slowly warming too which is trying to offset evap cooling, so by the time the precip starts falling there, you might be more like a 33-34 type brief sleet that goes to rain.

If it gets in quick enough by like 2-3am and the burst is heavy enough, you could start as a brief period of snow too, but that is lower probability.

Somehow I have a feeling a Miller B east special is going to jackpot you as the ball drops to ring in 2011 a little over a month from now. :lol:

LOL

What the he11....may as well cross reason #54, 368 for it not to snow off the list; should have seen 'em all this year by the time the ball drops.

Archived