Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

We went to IKEA :arrowhead:.

Anyway, on our return trip we went to Taunton and caught 495. Out of the way, but at least we were moving (huge backups on the Stoughton highway) and were on roads I was familiar with. I like Boston, but I'll stick with the Downeaster from now on.

You should have gone to Jordan's and picked up the Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 Here at the moment. Went out this morning to grab a few coffees and there was just a chill in the air that reminded you winter was right on the door step. It still might be a few weeks out but its winter time in New England and you have to be on your toes ready for anything. As I said the other day I am just gona take it a few days at a time and not look to far ahead. With all that in mind I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving where ever you maybe be today!

What is brined turkey? That's a new one to me.

I've had it deep fried (yummy artery clogger), grilled, baked, cooked under a trash barrel (scout thing), rotisserie, etc... brined? Like corned beef?

Happy Thanksgiving Bob! :drunk:

You get a salt water solution with all kinds of spices mixed together and you place the turkey in there for like 12-18 hours. It's basically a marinade. After that is done you add a bunch or aromatics to the cavity of the turkey (apple, onion, herbs) and roast it. It's the best turkey you'll ever eat.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

Thank God you're leaving the area for a while. Please take your staeady drumbeat of pessimism with you. Oh, Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe return...... In May!!

Apparently, you have not been paying attention to the optimism of my posts the last two-three days. lol

Have a great Thanksgiving yourself, and I will hope to be suprised by flakes upon my return.

28.7/6

Nice thread this AM, Happy Thanksgiving Weenies!

Wives, man like Phil said parallel lives, I drive like Scott see things happen way ahead.

Nothing better than waking up to the smell of Turkey, pies, and hot coffee. Ah wives FTW

I will say this good thing there is not a raging snowstorm on our doorstop, mingling will happen, no lame excuses to hit the IPAD.

Nice thread this AM, Happy Thanksgiving Weenies!

Wives, man like Phil said parallel lives, I drive like Scott see things happen way ahead.

Nothing better than waking up to the smell of Turkey, pies, and hot coffee. Ah wives FTW

I will say this good thing there is not a raging snowstorm on our doorstop, mingling will happen, no lame excuses to hit the IPAD.

Steve, I still don't get how to post from you tube. How do I copy and paste the url into the insert media box?

You get a salt water solution with all kinds of spices mixed together and you place the turkey in there for like 12-18 hours. It's basically a marinade. After that is done you add a bunch or aromatics to the cavity of the turkey (apple, onion, herbs) and roast it. It's the best turkey you'll ever eat.

http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html

Right on! Turkey is brining as I type, in mixture including rosemary, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme, and the kicker: maple syrup. Can't wait to dig in when its done!

First WWA for my area, up to .25in of ice and 1" of snow/sleet overnite tonite.

Right on! Turkey is brining as I type, in mixture including rosemary, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme, and the kicker: maple syrup. Can't wait to dig in when its done!

First WWA for my area, up to .25in of ice and 1" of snow/sleet overnite tonite.

Congrats!

I'm going to guess they hoist a WWA for NW Mass/SW NH. But what do I know? lol

Seeing this the banter thread

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Towns HS football game is right down the street. Holidays are tough to get through. By design this like the last two will spent alone. Sure I have family but I was always the blacksheep. The ex's family was pretty much desimated with both Pat and Ralph passing. The last Thanksgiving with meaning was three years ago with her whole family, aunts, uncles, nephew and neices. Had to have 30 family members. Cooked two 20lbs birds and had leftovers for a week-and-half. Today the ex has surgery scheduled for 10th to remove a tumor, all the aunts and uncles... have moved to Florida. I will hobble around because of my back, its has been out since October. Acute pain which has me double-over without taking meds. I will try to walk down the street and will cook a 15lbs'er. Stuff my face think and pray for those whom are less fotunate.

I'm grateful to have the memories. I give thanks knowing that this to shall pass.:thumbsup:

Archived