CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get ripped pretty good here, sometimes I wonder why. Last week when I mentioned the possibility of a snow start even down your way it was blasphemy. Even Jerry belittled the fact that our first Ct wide snow was not what I was thinking. The evolution tonight of some winter precip especially long lasting in interior areas is coming to fruition. Enjoy the brief look at what I think will be a major theme to this winter colder than it appears at first glance.

Ginx, just drove over to the HV a little South of Albany. Low 30's all the way over. I told MPM that we'd get a bit of frozen to accumulate by the time Sat morn rollls around. Still sticking to that. Year of the sneaky low.

Obviously colder in the somewhat higher areas around the valley. It keeps slowing slipping here now. 26.6F.

Ginx, just drove over to the HV a little South of Albany. Low 30's all the way over. I told MPM that we'd get a bit of frozen to accumulate by the time Sat morn rollls around. Still sticking to that. Year of the sneaky low.

Obviously colder in the somewhat higher areas around the valley. It keeps slowing slipping here now. 26.6F.

Happy Thanksgiving Rick! I'm here in Kinderhook right now at my sister's house. Hoping the manky stuff holds off until we've made the trek back to our mountain lair.

Isn't it obvious? He's saving until Summer when he'll corner the market on sno-cones.

awesome i want one.

temps nice and chilly. love the front end snow that some people got this afternoon......was probably a surprise especially if you were told to forget about this event like 25 times throughout the week. :=P

wonder if frz rain will be an issue after midnite in any places.

awesome i want one.

temps nice and chilly. love the front end snow that some people got this afternoon......was probably a surprise especially if you were told to forget about this event like 25 times throughout the week. :=P

Temps in the 20's out this way. WWA up for the east slope. My geuss is we'll end up with an inch or two of snow/sleet then it gets glazed over.

Just got back from E. Ma. Temps steadily decreased as we went west on RT2. Started at 37F in Chelmsford. 34 in the Fitchburg to Gardner stretch and then 32 from Orange west. 30.4 / 20 at my house. Didn't expect the dew to be quite so low.

Psyched for my first WWA and first real winter precip of the season. Should see some snow/sleet to start and then surely a nice glaze of ice.

:snowman:

awesome i want one.

Definitely will be out this way.

Just got back from E. Ma. Temps steadily decreased as we went west on RT2. Started at 37F in Chelmsford. 34 in the Fitchburg to Gardner stretch and then 32 from Orange west. 30.4 / 20 at my house. Didn't expect the dew to be quite so low.

Psyched for my first WWA and first real winter precip of the season. Should see some snow/sleet to start and then surely a nice glaze of ice.

:snowman:

Chris, you haven't seen winter precip down there?

when do you think precip is headed in ....not much down stream cept for in E PA but that would be like 6 am or so.

Yeah, I was just looking at the radar and it still looks to be hours away. Hoping the cold can hang on for a while.

I'm guessing not till 11 or 12 at this point. I'll be snoozing by then but maybe get woken up by the pingers.

i hope the tanking NAO block sends some wrench into the works tonite in some fashion. :snowman:

it seems for such a close in situation there still are a few wildcards.......no i realize a snow storm is not happening tonite LOL....but just interesting to watch this finally unfold.

i hope maine gets clobbered.

i hope the tanking NAO block sends some wrench into the works tonite in some fashion. :snowman:

it seems for such a close in situation there still are a few wildcards.......no i realize a snow storm is not happening tonite LOL....but just interesting to watch this finally unfold.

i hope maine gets clobbered.

Up to 4" forecast for the Millinocket area.

Up to 4" forecast for the Millinocket area.

ya seems like mid levels warm into VT and to a somewhat lesser degree NH (mt. washington is 28 f ) but mid l warning may not be such a issue in maine...esp should a secondary get going sooner .

i think there is a shot for considerable error on either side with these accums for maine and further SE than millinocket.

do you have a good link to any soundings data. i.e bangor...lewiston...portland want to see how the 800 mb level is doing / supposed to later.

GINX had a great link to some data when MPM asked him the other day the location of a cold front but i can't find it on my favorites page.

here you go from kalb

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH NOON FRIDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --AS OF 650 PM...ISSUED AN UPDATE EARLY THIS EVENING TO DELAY ONSET

OF PRECIP UNTIL LATE THIS EVENING...AND LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT

ACROSS NORTHERN AREAS. CURRENTLY RADAR SHOWING DRY CONDITIONS

ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA...WITH NO SUBSTANTIAL REFLECTIVITIES UNTIL

FAR SOUTHWEST NY AND WESTERN PA. ONE BATCH OF LIGHT PRECIP HAS

ALREADY MOVED SOUTH AND EAST OF THE MID HUDSON VALLEY AND

LITCHFIELD HILLS. VERY DRY AIR IN THE LOW LEVELS CONTRIBUTING TO

LACK OF PRECIP AT THIS TIME. AS BETTER FORCING MOVES IN TOWARDS

LATER THIS EVENING...AND ESPECIALLY AFTER MIDNIGHT...STEADY PRECIP

SHOULD FINALLY COMMENCE. ADJUSTED HOURLY TEMPS BASED ON CURRENT

OBS/TRENDS...WHICH ARE RUNNING A BIT COLDER THAN FORECAST.

do you have a good link to any soundings data. i.e bangor...lewiston...portland want to see how the 800 mb level is doing / supposed to later.

GINX had a great link to some data when MPM asked him the other day the location of a cold front but i can't find it on my favorites page.

http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/skewt/html/stalist.html#me

Archived