joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way things are going I think we're going to need a few sneaky lows to get decent snowfall this winter. 36.7F here now..probably headed down from here on out after a 12 hour warm up and rain. There probably was ice during the night for awhile, but I was asleep thankfully.

I could catch a few LES showers, especially Saturday as the wind shifts some, but essentially this a Tug Hill and Western Dacks event.

32/32, blech

Temps warmed to 31.9/30. Get the mid-level cooling here, stat!

I think you'll see your temp spike up for a little bit, after the front passes. The air aloft is warm, so once we get the front to go through, we might mix a little bit and bring down some warmer air. The air will cool eventually later on.

The way things are going I think we're going to need a few sneaky lows to get decent snowfall this winter. 36.7F here now..probably headed down from here on out after a 12 hour warm up and rain. There probably was ice during the night for awhile, but I was asleep thankfully.

I could catch a few LES showers, especially Saturday as the wind shifts some, but essentially this a Tug Hill and Western Dacks event.

You haven't read Scott's post in the pattern change thread.

eavyhay eavyhay owsnay

There was never any prospect of anafrontal snow here that I could see. Sure if you are on a mountain maybe it ends as a few flakes, but its hard to cool a 5K foot column of above freezing air fast enough even though the temperature up at the 850 level gets back down to 0C.

quote name='cpickett79' timestamp='1290780249' post='39341']

over to snow at bretton woods. mid levels cool FTW.

mid level warmth still present over straton mtn. vt 36 half way up.. 33 at base.

32/32, getting a mixed bag of zr/pl currently w/ a few parachutes for good measure.

Cool beans. Hopeuflly some heavier qpf can work in here and perhaps I can get some of the same. There's a narrow line running from just east of Aly into SW Vt. If it can hold together, maybe that'll do the trick for a little more wintry potpouri IMBY. If not, I'm done for this event, can hold my nose through the Tues/Wed flood, and hope for Dec 4-5. (Weekend, ftw).

32.4/31.

How'd the bread turn out? Was it the hit of the party or was it terribke?

2n bread also failed... maybe bad yeast or bread machine (wedding gift from long ago) finally bit it... wound up making a cranberry and banana bread that worked out fine.

Terribke ride down... heavy heavy in-laws

Rain letting up here but looks like it will start again

Archived