Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice trend on the hr 204-228 on the GFS

just when you think heights are gonna crash again over S/ nevaga 4 corners with short wave off San fransico ....they don't. I think we have a window. then they do again at 264 as the SW in the rockies retrodgrades???? perhaps the gfs project a pole reversal.....oh wait just a 1044 high moving SW from minnesota to nebraska ,......is that logical

the man is a rock

heavy heavy winter pete

ya i don't put much stock in a model more than a couple days out ....aside from the fact they are interesting.....and with 0c 850's taking a trip to houston this week and then N alabama we still have some hope a SW rotates around at the right moment....a tad further east.

the man is a rock

heavy heavy winter pete

ya i don't put much stock in a model more than a couple days out ....aside from the fact they are interesting.....and with 0c 850's taking a trip to houston this week and then N alabama we still have some hope a SW rotates around at the right moment....a tad further east.

My name actually means rock. The snow will be here soon.

This one could be a surprise on the backside, with so many waves of low pressure developing and riding along the boundary and the front starts to push through another wave develops and tries to draw in some colder air...so maybe this could end as some wet snow for some on the backside.

It will trend SE and colder. Stepping in the right direction. Big, big, winter as we thought.

My joke was lost--I was speaking for Pete.

Bright sun under awesome blue sky.

37.4 off a spike to 38.1, gust to 18mph. That was a short shot of warmth. Good call, Scot!

How crazy, not a hint of Blue sky here. Locked in the mank. Must be on the way in though if you've got sun. Hey, It just got a brighter grey out there!

My joke was lost--I was speaking for Pete.

Bright sun under awesome blue sky.

37.4 off a spike to 38.1, gust to 18mph. That was a short shot of warmth. Good call, Scot!

That's how it usually goes with these. Whenever we have a low passing very close by and we're cold air dammed when the air aloft is torched, the coldfront will usually come through and help mix some of that warmer air down, before the true cold air advection arrives.

How crazy, not a hint of Blue sky here. Locked in the mank. Must be on the way in though if you've got sun. Hey, It just got a brighter grey out there!

The line appears to be right above me. Here and to the north, crystal clear blue. South toward you--solid clouds. It'll be there quickly. Fast moving line!

Gusty, gusty winds. 20 at the station, clearly higher with anything remotely official.

That's how it usually goes with these. Whenever we have a low passing very close by and we're cold air dammed when the air aloft is torched, the coldfront will usually come through and help mix some of that warmer air down, before the true cold air advection arrives.

I think that jump lasted about 15 minutes. lol

I'm going to mow those leaves. Wetness be damned.

Edit: It came back to 38.6 where it's been holding for a while. CAA off--setting any sun at this point. Lawn mower not starting. Unheated out-building ftl. Gas line probably frozen, similar to the large chunks of ice I discovered that that had formed on the wood pile tarps (from rain earlier in the week, I imagine, not last night's).

I think that jump lasted about 15 minutes. lol

I'm going to mow those leaves. Wetness be damned.

Edit: It came back to 38.6 where it's been holding for a while. CAA off--setting any sun at this point. Lawn mower not starting. Unheated out-building ftl. Gas line probably frozen, similar to the large chunks of ice I discovered that that had formed on the wood pile tarps (from rain earlier in the week, I imagine, not last night's).

It got here, sun and clouds now. Rather blustery and currently, 37/30.

GFS says Logan 11 and western mass crew better get the ark ready.

What, that 3.5" of rain? Wait until it trends colder and we're buried under heavy, heavy snow. :arrowhead:

Edit: 1:30

Just got in from a walk out back. Had a stray bank of clouds come through spitting out some flakes.

Mannheim Steamroller playing, wife and daughter making gingerbread cookies, turkey#2 in the oven. Me sitting by the fire posting on American. Ah--the holidays. lol

What, that 3.5" of rain? Wait until it trends colder and we're buried under heavy, heavy snow. :arrowhead:

Edit: 1:30

Just got in from a walk out back. Had a stray bank of clouds come through spitting out some flakes.

Mannheim Steamroller playing, wife and daughter making gingerbread cookies, turkey#2 in the oven. Me sitting by the fire posting on American. Ah--the holidays. lol

told you flurries were in your future.

enjoy turket number 2. I ate at uncle's in law and they had instant mashed potatoes :axe:

told you flurries were in your future.

enjoy turket number 2. I ate at uncle's in law and they had instant mashed potatoes :axe:

Wachusett shooting for a Sunday opening:

Our snowmaking crew took advantage of cold weather 4 nights last week and will be hitting it again hard tonight and Saturday night into Sunday morning with temperatures forecasted in the mid to high 20's. Even with temperatures in the high 20's and low 30's, our state-of-the-art system has allowed us to lay down a lot of snow. However, we still need a couple more cold nights to build enough base depths to open. Weather permitting, we are planning to open for skiing and riding on Sunday, November 28.

This one could be a surprise for my backside, with so many waves of men riding along the boundary and one in the front starts to push through another wave develops and tries to draw in some more friends...so maybe this could end as some white stuff on the backside.

been a while since I tried one of these...this one was challenging.

Hope everyone had a healthy and happy Thanksgiving! I was down in ft washington pa, started snowing yesterday morning around 930 am, ripped pretty good for two hours before changing to sleet then rain, around a half inch on the ground before it melted but certainly nice to have a white Thanksgiving!

Hunter Mountain just gave up for this weekend.

I personally think they could have opened, but they said it wasn't worth making a lot of snow with a mild rainstorm in the forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

They aren't going to fire the snow guns again until late Wed/Thur when that system passes.

Wachusett shooting for a Sunday opening:

Our snowmaking crew took advantage of cold weather 4 nights last week and will be hitting it again hard tonight and Saturday night into Sunday morning with temperatures forecasted in the mid to high 20's. Even with temperatures in the high 20's and low 30's, our state-of-the-art system has allowed us to lay down a lot of snow. However, we still need a couple more cold nights to build enough base depths to open. Weather permitting, we are planning to open for skiing and riding on Sunday, November 28.

wow lets see if wa wa actually open on sunday.

wednesday will set them back but hopefully ....we can get some sort of ....???? mercy on the snowpack by then.

i hope they hit the snow guns hard tonite....gf/s ski's still getting tuned .....she says "lets take the tube down a run tonite after some drinks".......hmmm my weeniesm is rubbing off on her.....ehhhh

Archived