• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

Absolutely horrific night last night. For whatever reason, my smoke detectors went off last night at 2am. They kept going on and off for about 30 minutes, driving me insane. They are all wired together so when one goes off...they all go off. I finally disconnected them, but I was concerned there might be a CO issue. I was pretty confident, the smoke/CO detectors were malfunctioning, but I called the fire dept.....mostly because of my wife. I wasn't exactly 100% sure it was malfunctioning, so figured I'd call just to be sure. Turns out I was right and I guess the detectors just f*cked up. Working on about 3 hrs of sleep.

Awful.    I don't know much about them, but I do know that very dry air in the winter would  false-alarm our detectors back in the day.   Those were smoke detectors only,  no CO.       If it just started now,  maybe it is the dryness?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely horrific night last night. For whatever reason, my smoke detectors went off last night at 2am. They kept going on and off for about 30 minutes, driving me insane. They are all wired together so when one goes off...they all go off. I finally disconnected them, but I was concerned there might be a CO issue. I was pretty confident, the smoke/CO detectors were malfunctioning, but I called the fire dept.....mostly because of my wife. I wasn't exactly 100% sure it was malfunctioning, so figured I'd call just to be sure. Turns out I was right and I guess the detectors just f*cked up. Working on about 3 hrs of sleep.

That kind of thing, for some reason, always happens in the middle of the night. My smoke detectors are hard-wired as well, but they also have a battery backup. When the battery needs to be replaced it emits an annoying beep every minute. So, as you can guess, in the dark of night the damned thing went off. Had to get the ladder because our ceilings are something like 11' high, find a 9V battery and install. By the time that's all done I was wide the F awake ... until morning arrived, of course. Similar issue with the CO detector as well ... middle of the night battery change.

:arrowhead:

Zucker seems to enjoy telling people it' going to rain.

That kind of thing, for some reason, always happens in the middle of the night. My smoke detectors are hard-wired as well, but they also have a battery backup. When the battery needs to be replaced it emits an annoying beep every minute. So, as you can guess, in the dark of night the damned thing went off. Had to get the ladder because our ceilings are something like 11' high, find a 9V battery and install. By the time that's all done I was wide the F awake ... until morning arrived, of course. Similar issue with the CO detector as well ... middle of the night battery change.

:arrowhead:

Zucker seems to enjoy telling people it' going to rain.

Oh yeah...same here. That happened to me 3 weeks ago. :arrowhead::arrowhead::arrowhead::arrowhead:

25/20, So crisp and clear. I just went out into the backyard and laid out on the picnic table looking up at the stars. I do this frequently before going to bed. Something about taking a minute to observe the celestial machinations before turning in is very centering. Each star has made it's trek across the night sky before you and will continue long after you. We've had some clear cold nights this Autumn, great for star gazing, but tonight was the first night since sometime in early March when I reclined in the the snow fort I built with my daughter, that the stars appeared so clean and diamond like. Winter is upon us and this rock we're marooned on is now in the preferred position. Let the games begin.

Naked?

Yeah i also mentioned to him that I dress up like Tom Brady with long hair and beard and I want to snuggle next to him and pretend we are playing catch. I didn't know what to say.

Guys, can we keep it wx related? Kevin has to keep buying new keyboards. His I.T. Department refuses to clean them anymore

25/20, So crisp and clear. I just went out into the backyard and laid out on the picnic table looking up at the stars. I do this frequently before going to bed. Something about taking a minute to observe the celestial machinations before turning in is very centering. Each star has made it's trek across the night sky before you and will continue long after you. We've had some clear cold nights this Autumn, great for star gazing, but tonight was the first night since sometime in early March when I reclined in the the snow fort I built with my daughter, that the stars appeared so clean and diamond like. Winter is upon us and this rock we're marooned on is now in the preferred position. Let the games begin.

Nice Pete! I do that from time to time...one of the great things about living away from the bright lights of the cities. After 20 great years in Philly, I like the connection to nature that I get to experience out here on this country road. First morning I've woken up to our pond fully iced over. Stepping down....

It'll get plenty warm there Tuesday/Wednesday when the lakes cutter moves through. I wouldn't be surprised if even NNE got into the upper 50s with that storm. You have a few cold days remaining to enjoy, however.

Looks like rain...weird storm but too warm for SNE. Looks as if maritime air is once again causing problems with the extreme -NAO.

Its you vs. GYX

TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY

CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOWS IN

THE UPPER 30S.

.WEDNESDAY...RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN

60 PERCENT.

Archived