CHSVol
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31/29, pl/zr

Are you building today?

Moonlight Magic tonight in the falls. Have you ever come in for that? Even though there's not snow on the ground, it's sitll a pretty festive experience.

Meanwhile, mouse in the kitchen ftl.

30.9/29, .23" so far. zr now. Was outside and saw evidence that it had sleeted during the overnight, but I didn't hear any pinging.

Are you building today?

Moonlight Magic tonight in the falls. Have you ever come in for that? Even though there's not snow on the ground, it's sitll a pretty festive experience.

Meanwhile, mouse in the kitchen ftl.

30.9/29, .23" so far. zr now. Was outside and saw evidence that it had sleeted during the overnight, but I didn't hear any pinging.

Just working on my own Money Pit. We've all taken the long weekend. Still a few pingers basically just zr now.

She stayed up to get an online deal at midnight .. which turned into 3AM because it was midnight PACIFIC time. :arrowhead: She crawled into bed as I got up. She'll be there til 3pm probably.

Lol!!

I work out of my home, and my wife is continually buying things on-line. Our deliveries are so frequent, I told her that if I were to take a job as a driver for FedEx or UPS, it would still be like I'm working from home.

Temp stubbornly at 31.0/29, up to .25" on the day.

Just working on my own Money Pit. We've all taken the long weekend. Still a few pingers basically just zr now.

Good stuff.

I took last Friday through this week off which has been great. As my vacation week was approaching, that was during the high time of the conversations about major pattern change/snow possibilities this week. I was really pumped that my vacation was timed for wintry weather. Therein was the reason for me being down on the failed--and hopefully just shortly delayed-- pattern change.

Would like to mow some leaves today that I've cleared, but the rain has put a halt on that. Hopefully they won't be frozen when I try to do it tomorrow.

Raining pretty heavily attm--no way can it be freezing at the rate it's coming down in spite of still below temps.

Nice retrograding snowicane on the GFS 240hr. lol Good storm for the Patriot/Jet game.

Nothing liike a 240hr forecast to instill confidence. lol

I'm hoping the rain will end out this way by noon. I'd hate to lose any more of the day than that. Watching the radar progression, it could be finished here by 10:00 or so??? I can deal with that.

Nothing liike a 240hr forecast to instill confidence. lol

I'm hoping the rain will end out this way by noon. I'd hate to lose any more of the day than that. Watching the radar progression, it could be finished here by 10:00 or so??? I can deal with that.

Not a bad guess ... I'd guess closer to 11:00. We'll go for bragging rights on this one. You can play the role of Zucker and I'll be Skier.

Not a bad guess ... I'd guess closer to 11:00. We'll go for bragging rights on this one. You can play the role of Zucker and I'll be Skier.

I hate playing the role of someone in a torch zone.......

I had a nightmare of a dream last night in which Baltimore got blasted with another 2' of snow and we got rain.

I had a nightmare of a dream last night in which Baltimore got blasted with another 2' of snow and we got rain.

I can see you suddenly sitting bolt upright ... shaking ... with beads of sweat running down your forehead.

09/10 ... bad memories, at least for February and March which was basically two months of April. boooo

37F here....

I slept through whatever happened...probably a smart move. It had risen from 27 to 30 at 11:30 PM and whatever ice may have occurred obviously didn't last as we shot up.

Hopefully it gets better because this is the definition of a thankless wx pattern when you have a high of 30F and then warm to rain overnight, only to be back down around 32F this afternoon in cold advection, but no snow...maybe flurries.

Looks like my low was 30.7 at midnite. When I went to bed it was snowing lightly..so anyone know if there was any ice reported in N Ct overnight?

My wife went out shopping all night..still out now ..Idiotic

37F here....

I slept through whatever happened...probably a smart move. It had risen from 27 to 30 at 11:30 PM and whatever ice may have occurred obviously didn't last as we shot up.

Hopefully it gets better because this is the definition of a thankless wx pattern when you have a high of 30F and then warm to rain overnight, only to be back down around 32F this afternoon in cold advection, but no snow...maybe flurries.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get in on that Lake Effect band tonight

Looks like my low was 30.7 at midnite. When I went to bed it was snowing lightly..so anyone know if there was any ice reported in N Ct overnight?

My wife went out shopping all night..still out now ..Idiotic

Lol. No idea about ice down your way. Congrasts on the snow. I just took a step out to get a better idea of what we got overniight. I htink we may have had some snow as there are thin "panes" of ice laying across the top of the grass. Kind of like there was snow that melted/refroze in the zr. Grass/cars stil frozen (haven't checked branches). Back edge of this first round entering Franklin County. Perhaps I'll get an hour break before the second round. Looking forward to a nice sunny day......

31.5/30, .37".

Lol. No idea about ice down your way. Congrasts on the snow. I just took a step out to get a better idea of what we got overniight. I htink we may have had some snow as there are thin "panes" of ice laying across the top of the grass. Kind of like there was snow that melted/refroze in the zr. Grass/cars stil frozen (haven't checked branches). Back edge of this first round entering Franklin County. Perhaps I'll get an hour break before the second round. Looking forward to a nice sunny day......

31.5/30, .37".

Nice..I knew I should have taken that bet with Ray on him saying no WWA would be issued in SNE from this.

36.7 here and heavy heavy rain

Archived