Toothache
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing this the banter thread

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Towns HS football game is right down the street. Holidays are tough to get through. By design this like the last two will spent alone. Sure I have family but I was always the blacksheep. The ex's family was pretty much desimated with both Pat and Ralph passing. The last Thanksgiving with meaning was three years ago with her whole family, aunts, uncles, nephew and neices. Had to have 30 family members. Cooked two 20lbs birds and had leftovers for a week-and-half. Today the ex has surgery scheduled for 10th to remove a tumor, all the aunts and uncles... have moved to Florida. I will hobble around because of my back, its has been out since October. Acute pain which has me double-over without taking meds. I will try to walk down the street and will cook a 15lbs'er. Stuff my face think and pray for those whom are less fotunate.

I'm grateful to have the memories. I give thanks knowing that this to shall pass.:thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving Don!!:thumbsup:

Check out the pics coming out of Tamaqua PA.. Looks about 1" or so on all surfaces and still snowing nicely.. Nice little surprise down that way..

Exactly! ...this is overperforming where I currently am too. NWS says rain and sleet, possibly snow to start. It's ripping right now. I'd post a pic but I only have my blackberry and for some strange reason I can't log into this site with my blackberry...

Right on! Turkey is brining as I type, in mixture including rosemary, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme, and the kicker: maple syrup. Can't wait to dig in when its done!

First WWA for my area, up to .25in of ice and 1" of snow/sleet overnite tonite.

Did not brine this As i only brine when i smoke them, This one is a fresh 20lb'er, But we made a nice dry rub with thyme, dry mustard, white peeper, black pepper, Paparika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and poultry seasoning, Brushed down the bird with olive oil and rub on the seasoning all good to go..

Nice little snow event down in NJ and ern PA right now.

I'm down in Glen Ridge and snow just started....although very light. There is potential for some snow at the onset back north...it all depends on timing, but the front end of the precip is over performing, so I wouldn't be shocked to see some snow reports..certainly some sleet/ice too.

I'm down in Glen Ridge and snow just started....although very light. There is potential for some snow at the onset back north...it all depends on timing, but the front end of the precip is over performing, so I wouldn't be shocked to see some snow reports..certainly some sleet/ice too.

Models weaken the lift, but looking at radar and how the current situation is...I think I'll take the over. I think it will eventually struggle moving ne, but someone in the Poconos is gonna have a nice surprise.

Models weaken the lift, but looking at radar and how the current situation is...I think I'll take the over. I think it will eventually struggle moving ne, but someone in the Poconos is gonna have a nice surprise.

We'll have to wait for the -SN northwest of BGM to move east. So dry this whole overperforming front end thump should die apart before it reaches HFD.

On the point and click forcast for Halifax mass we have a wintery mix for tonight 70% chance, wow did not think I would see that. I wonder if this forcast will pan out?

: A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then rain likely. Increasing clouds, with a low around 31. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Halifax&state=MA&site=BOX&lat=41.9833&lon=-70.8667

snow/sleet here

40/20

Edit: snowing pretty good now, nice turkey day surprise :)

I get ripped pretty good here, sometimes I wonder why. Last week when I mentioned the possibility of a snow start even down your way it was blasphemy. Even Jerry belittled the fact that our first Ct wide snow was not what I was thinking. The evolution tonight of some winter precip especially long lasting in interior areas is coming to fruition. Enjoy the brief look at what I think will be a major theme to this winter colder than it appears at first glance.

I get ripped pretty good here, sometimes I wonder why. Last week when I mentioned the possibility of a snow start even down your way it was blasphemy. Even Jerry belittled the fact that our first Ct wide snow was not what I was thinking. The evolution tonight of some winter precip especially long lasting in interior areas is coming to fruition. Enjoy the brief look at what I think will be a major theme to this winter colder than it appears at first glance.

Mostly sleet now, but coming down at moderate clip...it feels like Kevin's house!

Temp continuing to drop off nicely too...

Archived