Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20" for the first time in 6 yrs ftw....hopefully

Great f'n storm. I'm working on by 13th inch now...while thats lower than a lot of folks around sne...i got to witness the best thundersnow since 12/9/05 for me and a few transformer blowouts. Thundersnow is the premier winter wx event for me so i'm pleased.

I'm actually enjoying this shoveling, snow is incredibly light which is good. Took a break b/c my feet are frozen...got a decent part of the driveway done, I figure it will probably take a good 12-18 hours to shovel everything...unless the landlords bring over the snowblower like last time.

Been taking some pics too which I'll upload later, incredible snow drifts.

Hopefully we can arrange a Jan 23 storm for Foxboro and some Pats/Ravens football!

That would be sweet, but i am sure you won't like this but i am rooting for the Jets because i really want a home game for the AFC championship game. If there is a game in Foxborough though i will try my hardest to be at that game.

It could have been better here...but im not gonna complain about 13" and several bouts of thundersnow. Im gonna have a pile of snow to go home to in maine tmrw...wouldnt be surprised if gray picks up 20.

This was an impressive storm all around, from the areal coverage of 20+", to the intensity regarding MSLP and TSSN, and also how we received such widespread snowfall near the coast..with a canal track. The fact that we had a weak high to the north helped, but it's usually a given that se mass would get a ton of rain with a track like that. I think 12/9/05 is the only other one I can think of. Boxing Day came close, but went over the outer Cape.

GREAT snow conditions out there today. I'd have to eyeball 18-20" with more up top. Tons of fresh lines to still be had, although they're getting harder to find.

Can't wait until tomorrow when it's all groomed out and I can carve some hero arcs in the snow...

EDIT... MRG just stopped by, I could tell it was him before he introduced himself by his hair! Nice guy.

I'm actually enjoying this shoveling, snow is incredibly light which is good. Took a break b/c my feet are frozen...got a decent part of the driveway done, I figure it will probably take a good 12-18 hours to shovel everything...unless the landlords bring over the snowblower like last time.

Been taking some pics too which I'll upload later, incredible snow drifts.

It wasn't here. Not a thick heavy pile, but not that light. I'm guessing the ratios weren't so great and some areas like mine had more liquid than we think (go NAM).

That would be sweet, but i am sure you won't like this but i am rooting for the Jets because i really want a home game for the AFC championship game. If there is a game in Foxborough though i will try my hardest to be at that game.

.....get outgun_bandana.gif

Archived