joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the title of this thread, cringed when I first saw Bob use it in a subtitle, not blaming Meghan, she took Bobs lead with the subtitle. We had a chance to get a name going to remember this by. Need some ideas.

Rays coming out party storm?

Weeniegeddon?

RevKevswhirlwind?

Yeah I agree, we need something creative.

lol - With the exception of a few spots, the storm doesn't look too impressive, according to this map. I don't understand how it could be so far off? The only thing I can think of is that there's a specific time frame that the map is showing, and not nec. the results of the entire storm. But even that logic wouldn't make sense for the red areas, as they seem representative of the storm total for those areas (-4 to 6 inches or so.)

lol - With the exception of a few spots, the storm doesn't look too impressive, according to this map. I don't understand how it could be so far off? The only thing I can think of is that there's a specific time frame that the map is showing, and not nec. the results of the entire storm. But even that logic wouldn't make sense for the red areas, as they seem representative of the storm total for those areas (-4 to 6 inches or so.)

Thats what it is. I believe its 12z to 12z....so 7am to 7am....any snow that fell before 7am on the 12th wouldn't be on there (most spots had over 10" by then...esp S of the MA/NH obrder)

I can't imagine how the roads are in the places that really got nailed from this..we only got a little over a foot down here and the roads are narrow and have around a 1/2-1" of slush on it depending on where you are, not sure if the duration and it snowing til roughly 9pm last night was a factor.

Same here where I live. The main roads are fine but the side roads are horrific.

That map makes it look like this area only had 2-3" since it doesn't include amounts before 12Z on the 12th. It shows a large area of only 2 or 3 inches west of the HV. That whole area had a good 8-11" with a few spots higher. No KU storm here...but a decent event. About 9"final here.

BTW...I guess you saw Andy's comment about NWS ALB sending people to the Berkshires tomorrow to confirm (or deny) a 24 hour record for Mass I guess. Savoy reported 41" I think.

• 9 months later...

Lol, it was just rippin while you were sleeping, hundreds of texts blasted at you. You pulled a Kevin.

Hey that is not fair. Kevin was sleeping through 4" per hour snow with thunder embedded...I slept through a moderate backlash of 3-4" over 6 hours. Big difference. :lol:

Hey that is not fair. Kevin was sleeping through 4" per hour snow with thunder embedded...I slept through a moderate backlash of 3-4" over 6 hours. Big difference. :lol:

True but

3:30 PM 23.0 °F 6.0 °F 19.4 °F 86% 29.35 in 0.2 mi WNW 27.6 mph 39.1 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

3:50 PM 23.0 °F 5.7 °F 19.4 °F 86% 29.36 in 0.2 mi NW 28.8 mph 40.3 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

3:54 PM 23.0 °F 6.3 °F 19.9 °F 88% 29.41 in 0.2 mi WNW 26.5 mph 39.1 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

True but

3:30 PM 23.0 °F 6.0 °F 19.4 °F 86% 29.35 in 0.2 mi WNW 27.6 mph 39.1 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

3:50 PM 23.0 °F 5.7 °F 19.4 °F 86% 29.36 in 0.2 mi NW 28.8 mph 40.3 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

3:54 PM 23.0 °F 6.3 °F 19.9 °F 88% 29.41 in 0.2 mi WNW 26.5 mph 39.1 mph 0.01 in Fog , Snow Heavy Snow

Eh an hour of heavy snow I missed. It will happen again. But I'll never sleep through 4" per hour for 3 hours if I have any control over that at all.

Just bustin, but I did get 6 -8 while you were in your feety pajamas with your stocking cap. Are you sure you only got 3-4 between 10 and 5?

Yes...we had 15" or so when I went to bed...then woke up to about 18" and change. We finished with around 20" as it snowed lightly for about 6 hours after I woke. You guys had a better backlash band than I did.

Yes...we had 15" or so when I went to bed...then woke up to about 18" and change. We finished with around 20" as it snowed lightly for about 6 hours after I woke. You guys had a better backlash band than I did.

Yeah the Backlash was meh here. The period from about 2 or 3am until 9am where I picked up 14-15" was awesome.

Archived