• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

So I'm behind by about 11" then. I can make that up quickly if we get a few SWFEs or late bloomers....but its not going to be easy. His area probably beats mine about once every 8 or 9 years. He did in 2005-2006 so he doesn't deserve to again yet, lol.

We need a gradient pattern to setup perfectly, so as to screw s of the pike.

Yea, great way to put things into perspective.

I think he'll beat me, but I think that I'll close the gap some.

LOL..you guys are ridiculous

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, looked at Kevs pics, way dryer there. Trees are bent over all over power lines here, entire hillsides are completely white, looks like the Italian Alps.

We were on the right side of the coastal front and it just allowed the stuff to pile up incredibly fast..even if the snow was only moderate it accumulated very fast

I was really surprised the mets didn't agree with us. To me it was very clear we would see some big amounts. I of course was completely ignoring the GFS and I think some of the mets still use it and think it has merit

I think we all agreed, but it's tough to forecast 2'+ with a 15hr snowstorm. We all knew it was possible, and I think we hit the areas pretty well where the potential existed. We all said you could get crushed.

You guys all did a great job..but you all weenied me when i said we'd see 20-30 inches

LOL, well enjoy the snow. I remember thinking how great it looked for you. You got both the massive front end load, and then the deformation stuff...a 1-2 punch. I probably would have got 2' if I was about 1 degree colder. I was basically a 32.5 snow bomb. There is so much water in my snow. 6' hedges are no where to be seen. Crushed and hopefully not broken.

LOL, well enjoy the snow. I remember thinking how great it looked for you. You got both the massive front end load, and then the deformation stuff...a 1-2 punch. I probably would have got 2' if I was about 1 degree colder. I was basically a 32.5 snow bomb. There is so much water in my snow. 6' hedges are no where to be seen. Crushed and hopefully not broken.

I do love wets now. Haven't seen a wet snowfall here in several yrs..Though this wasn't as powdery as you'd think .It wasn't fluffy at all..This stuff is locked and loaded

Plow just came by..tons of snow at end of driveway again :axe: :axe:

Isn't it the truth! I thought they had picked up everything but today's (delayed) garbage day and so...for the 4th time, I had to touch that part up. But hey.....outdoors in the snow plowing is better than coming in from a driving 37* rainstorm of for that matter many other things.

Isn't it the truth! I thought they had picked up everything but today's (delayed) garbage day and so...for the 4th time, I had to touch that part up. But hey.....outdoors in the snow plowing is better than coming in from a driving 37* rainstorm of for that matter many other things.

Very true..same with us..garbage day was yesterday and they never made it Out to shovel again...I love shovelling..my back not so much

I was really surprised the mets didn't agree with us. To me it was very clear we would see some big amounts. I of course was completely ignoring the GFS and I think some of the mets still use it and think it has merit

We all knew there was potential....but read my HECS thread. Congrats on the call.

You guys also agreed on a HECS before 12/26....how'd that turn out? There is a distinct reason why these events are not common.

ORH verified as well...between 1-4pm....nearly verified between 6-11am but had 1 hour in the middle with winds below 35mph so that screw it up.

Really... I did not realize that. The bands that came through my area in the afternoon were pretty sweet, but the winds, while strong, did not seem 35 kt sustained. Of course the ORH airport is pretty windy.

Any word on how Princeton did?

Good morning.

Beautiful winter scene out there this morning, another full day of snow removal for clients as soon as the kids get to school. Heading close to North Haven today, supposedly 29 inches of snow in that area, cant wait to see if it verifies. Its ridiculous looking down my little road, simply no place to put the snow, what a cluster fook LOL.

Thank God its pixie powder!

Enjoy the snow

I think we all agreed, but it's tough to forecast 2'+ with a 15hr snowstorm. We all knew it was possible, and I think we hit the areas pretty well where the potential existed. We all said you could get crushed.

the storm ended up lingering a lot longer than modeling has it though?

i remember the RGEM rocketed it through clearing all of CT by 10AM other than some flurries.....other models were not far off i think.

defintely thought it would limit accumlations to under 24 inches, even as the monster totals indicated by some of the models between 03z and 12z..

classic noreaster with the slow moving rotting CCB behind the storm, with the rot and linger happening further west to really bump up some totals.

i have to read Will's thread.

secondary roads around the shoreline still snowpacked and slick. thankfully our school district isn't full of complete pansies so they managed just a 2-hour delay this AM. I didn't brave the back roads to work though...took the longer highway route. With the cold temps the next couple of days...I expect snow to stay on some of the secondary roads around here through the weekend...especially if we manage any accumulation from the clipper.

I can't imagine how the roads are in the places that really got nailed from this..we only got a little over a foot down here and the roads are narrow and have around a 1/2-1" of slush on it depending on where you are, not sure if the duration and it snowing til roughly 9pm last night was a factor.

Archived