joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't 1/4m vis stuff here. I only got down to 1/2m a couple times in that span. The lower levels I think were just a hair too warm. I was also at 32-34F overnight.

I touched 32...but went no higher. Even still i'm only at 11.5"...so not that much of a difference between here and there. Snowing at a good clip now tho. Looks like a couple of bands may consolidate overhead. Would be a nice finish.

We may squeeze out more if we can get into those parting bands. BOS 11.6 as of 1PM. Probably finish just a tick above 12. Looks like 1 or maybe 2 more bands. Perhaps a max of 1-3 and that's it. Great storm in view of my thoughts as I was melting down in the middle of the night...

That's disappointing. Seems like the first time in a while they'll report a lot less than surrounding areas (Dec 2003 style).

As it is, there's no question there's more snow on the ground than the blizzard as it is (and never mind trees, walls, etc.)

Based on what....your OPINION.....subjective, not fact.

Harv and all the guys at WHDH had a great network back in that day. I believe one of the forecasters lived somewhere down near Burriville. The maps they all ran with, and the reports from that time were 40-50".

For about two decades after that WHDH would run the maps on the anniversary that showed the exact same thing. When Todd Gross left, it appears the records went poof. For about ten years they had it all well documented on their site too.

Trust me, I lived through it and it still blows away everything I've been through. Duration, intensity, wind, effects on the coast etc.

Hey folks - I'm happy most of you really got hit with a fantastic storm this go around, but I was wondering if I could pose a ski related question. I haven't skied any of the Mass mountains in years and I'm planning on taking a quick day trip out there tomorrow. I'm coming up from NYC with a few friends and we are looking for the closest/biggest bounty/ best terrain combination. Does anyone have any suggestions? would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That's disappointing. Seems like the first time in a while they'll report a lot less than surrounding areas (Dec 2003 style).

As it is, there's no question there's more snow on the ground than the blizzard as it is (and never mind trees, walls, etc.)

I think it was paste along the coast. It sounded similar at home as well. That may have held totals down.

Harv and all the guys at WHDH had a great network back in that day. I believe one of the forecasters lived somewhere down near Burriville. The maps they all ran with, and the reports from that time were 40-50".

For about two decades after that WHDH would run the maps on the anniversary that showed the exact same thing. When Todd Gross left, it appears the records went poof. For about ten years they had it all well documented on their site too.

Trust me, I lived through it and it still blows away everything I've been through. Duration, intensity, wind, effects on the coast etc.

still nothing to even compare to '78. I was in my teens, out and about in Franklin, Ma during the storm. It was something I will always remember!

Just an amazing morning...i've been outside most of it. constant 2-4 " per hour rates. 18.5 about 20 minutes ago....should be at 20 shortly. I hope this gets to you Birving and drops down and across to give a happy ending to Ray, Jerry and the crew. I look out the window and just can't believe it. 16.5 inches have fallen in 8 hours. I hope everyone is gettng outside and enjoying it!!!!

Archived