Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the outage map. That heavy band...if you were on the western fring of it you got clobbered..you can see along the eastern edge it was a mega tree breaker just to the north of Mekster.

http://www1.nationalgridus.com/masselectric/stormcenter/

As it came through bridgewater it did a number on the trees, when it got a smidge west the snow was still heavy wet, but accumulated better

I'll have photos from that area in a little bit. Power is still down, phone lines are down, it's ugly. Lots of tree damage again. They took a beating up in north easton over to sharon, stoughton, along and west of bay road into the hills by moose hill in sharon.

They got 12-15".

wonder if that N Attleboro total was from near WWI Memorial park weenie ridge. It's almost 400'

Some intensification of the fall rates with this death gasp band coming through here in Ayer; suspect this is primarily flurries by mid afternoon based on rad trends and pull away speed of the low.

Nice hit. Nice hit. 14” measured here, probably finish at 15…maybe 16 if lucky. Will do a final measurement later.

1/3 vis S/BL S ; 25F

Here's the outage map. That heavy band...if you were on the western fring of it you got clobbered..you can see along the eastern edge it was a mega tree breaker just to the north of Mekster.

http://www1.national...ic/stormcenter/

As it came through bridgewater it did a number on the trees, when it got a smidge west the snow was still heavy wet, but accumulated better

man I'm fortunate, some of those neighborhoods in halifax and plympton are a stones throw from my house basically

24" in Guilford at my parents house. Biggest storm now since 1978 (though Feb 1983 was close) in eastern suburbs of New Haven.

BDL looks like a top 3 storm ever????

do you think its CTS biggest snow storm ever in terms of area of the state that saw 20"+ pretty much the whole state except for extreme SW who saw 10-15"

"

24" in Guilford at my parents house. Biggest storm now since 1978 (though Feb 1983 was close) in eastern suburbs of New Haven.

BDL looks like a top 3 storm ever????

Wow really? 24 inches in Guilford, guess my 24+ inches (still getting 1-2 inches an hour rates) in North Branford was close to accurate then! Amazing storm for this area, biggest storm i've seen in a long time if not ever.

man I'm fortunate, some of those neighborhoods in halifax and plympton are a stones throw from my house basically

It's actually gettting worse right now, as winds pick up trees are snapping and lines are going down. I'm told part of the problem is it's not just main lines, it's tons of house connections too. Going to be ugly there for awhile. Very bad for the people in those areas.

Check out the map, lighting up with 5k block outages again.

If you loop the radar you can see the area with the most intense echoes was NE of KTAN...right in that stripe where power went down....like Mike said def heavy wet snow, but just to the west it wasn't quite as wet, and it was nasty.

I miss living around there, they always do so well even with this type of track.

AWT...I need a met job

When you always forecast the worst case scenario... you're right once in a while!

My totals were low but in general I'm happy with the forecast. I always thought the hills in NW CT/W MA would do well and they did. Everything came together perfectly which rarely seems to happen.

Archived