joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i used to envy those areas when i grew up in raynham.....and i grew up in raynham about a mile from the easton line.....so it could have been worse. but the areas 3 miles to the NNW of me and NW and even WNW even consisently did a good 20% better with totals on alot of coastals. it seems they were either on the other side of the CF for a good deal of time.....or they were on the other side of the R/S line. the weather In N and NW easton is so much nicer for winter weather lovers then it is for people in Raynham (esp the se side of town) and taunton as well. i would guess there is a annual 10 inch snow difference from the SE side of raynham to the NW 1/2 of easton.

OT ....the town of palmer, and adjacent areas in mass....... ENE of springfield has been getting buried for the last couple hours in the best of that rotting deform band. nice local lollie there.

There was a kid from Easton about 7-10 years younger than me that is on TV up in NY somewhere now. Forget his name. He lived down by Rte 138 towards you. It's astounding the difference between there and the region up by Borderland. In many storms he'd have 5-6" and drive 7 miles NW and there'd be 10-12".

14"ish fell around Borderland and that's conservative because he wasn't measuring every six hours, that's what was OTG in the driveway when snow blowing. It's like concrete, so it's not a drifting issue.

I 100% believe the report they deleted.

20" in Middletown! Unbelievable.

I haven't been clearing the board, so it's probably more than that officially. In the middle of our unplowed street it's consistently about 21". Don't know if the street is wind loaded or my deck is shadowed.

In that moderate snow band now, so totals could increase a bit.

There was a kid from Easton about 7-10 years younger than me that is on TV up in NY somewhere now. Forget his name. He lived down by Rte 138 towards you. It's astounding the difference between there and the region up by Borderland. In many storms he'd have 5-6" and drive 7 miles NW and there'd be 10-12".

14"ish fell around Borderland and that's conservative because he wasn't measuring every six hours, that's what was OTG in the driveway when snow blowing. It's like concrete, so it's not a drifting issue.

I 100% believe the report they deleted.

Josh Nichols.

And yes NW Easton and up by Sharon could clean up. I grew up on the west side of Brockton, and even areas 2-3 miles nw of me near the Brockton/Stoughton line did well, but I always did well in Brockton.

Josh Nichols.

And yes NW Easton and up by Sharon could clean up. I grew up on the west side of Brockton, and even areas 2-3 miles nw of me near the Brockton/Stoughton line did well, but I always did well in Brockton.

I notice something similar btwn here in Milton vs Quincy-Braintree and Weymouth.

From the weather.gov home page:

...Snow Just About Everywhere You Go...

Every State, with the exception of Florida, currently has snow on the ground. This includes Hawaii where about seven inches of snow is atop Mauna Kea. As of Jan. 11, 69.4 percent of the contiguous United States is covered by snow - this is more than double the snow cover from last month. This week's snow storm in Southern states has allowed for this unusual occurrence.

Nice band rotating through now. ~10" of wet snow out there. Fun times cleaning the cars/driveway. Hope to eek out another 2" out of this wrap around stuff to hit 1'.

Vis. looks to be 3/4 m or less right now.

Yup

SPECI KTAN 121805Z AUTO 28010G25KT 1/2SM SN FZFG OVC016 M02/M04 A2924 RMK AO2 P0000

Good stuff.

Josh Nichols.

that's him...his dad I think continued calling in reports for years. Whenever I'd see a report from Easton/South easton I knew it was good because it was him or his dad. No slant sticking, by the book.

Brockton does well too particularly up towards Goddard/Cardinal Cushing as it ties back into easton. West of there like you said in the triangle that forms easton/foxboro/sharon....the difference in climate between there and say KTAN is astounding. It's really the dividing line a lot of times between the marine layer and the colder airmass.

Did you live in Brockton when that downburst wrecked both Easton and Brockton in May 96?

Archived