Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured a number of times between 13.5" and 16.5"

I just need an inch or two more to be confident about beating Feb 2007, but things are really starting to lighten up :( I'm on the edge of the downsloping toward the CT river valley. Monadnocks are getting buried.

yes i used to envy those areas when i grew up in raynham.....and i grew up in raynham about a mile from the easton line.....so it could have been worse. but the areas 3 miles to the NNW of me and NW and even WNW even consisently did a good 20% better with totals on alot of coastals. it seems they were either on the other side of the CF for a good deal of time.....or they were on the other side of the R/S line. the weather In N and NW easton is so much nicer for winter weather lovers then it is for people in Raynham (esp the se side of town) and taunton as well. i would guess there is a annual 10 inch snow difference from the SE side of raynham to the NW 1/2 of easton.

OT ....the town of palmer, and adjacent areas in mass....... ENE of springfield has been getting buried for the last couple hours in the best of that rotting deform band. nice local lollie there.

I just spoke with one of my suppliers from Palmer about 1130am. He said they had about 18" (his guess) and they were getting dumped on

that's him...his dad I think continued calling in reports for years. Whenever I'd see a report from Easton/South easton I knew it was good because it was him or his dad. No slant sticking, by the book.

Brockton does well too particularly up towards Goddard/Cardinal Cushing as it ties back into easton. West of there like you said in the triangle that forms easton/foxboro/sharon....the difference in climate between there and say KTAN is astounding. It's really the dividing line a lot of times between the marine layer and the colder airmass.

Did you live in Brockton when that downburst wrecked both Easton and Brockton in May 96?

I grew up in Foxboro and my brother still lives there. In 78 we were destroyed and for a while it seemed we got nailed pretty good.

I will call him later to see how they do

that's him...his dad I think continued calling in reports for years. Whenever I'd see a report from Easton/South easton I knew it was good because it was him or his dad. No slant sticking, by the book.

Brockton does well too particularly up towards Goddard/Cardinal Cushing as it ties back into easton. West of there like you said in the triangle that forms easton/foxboro/sharon....the difference in climate between there and say KTAN is astounding. It's really the dividing line a lot of times between the marine layer and the colder airmass.

Did you live in Brockton when that downburst wrecked both Easton and Brockton in May 96?

LOL, I was at a track meet in Taunton. It was canceled when the gust front blew through at 50mph. I was extremely pissed to miss it. I just remember looking north and seeing how incredible scary the sky looked. You could actually see some of the cloud structure of the cb, and I knew it was bad.

16.5ish is the most common measurement here right now

We may squeeze out more if we can get into those parting bands. BOS 11.6 as of 1PM. Probably finish just a tick above 12. Looks like 1 or maybe 2 more bands. Perhaps a max of 1-3 and that's it. Great storm in view of my thoughts as I was melting down in the middle of the night...

For us coastal people on the warm side of the front it makes a difference. :(

I think it worked out overall for you. I think you can crack 12". The big qpf max happened near and just south of BOS, but I think some of it may have been a mix, or just water logged flakes. That snowpack ain't going to go anywhere fast.

We may squeeze out more if we can get into those parting bands. BOS 11.6 as of 1PM. Probably finish just a tick above 12. Looks like 1 or maybe 2 more bands. Perhaps a max of 1-3 and that's it. Great storm in view of my thoughts as I was melting down in the middle of the night...

Yeah so somewhere btwn 14-17 here + 1-3 will put us near a 15-20 inch range. Nice :thumbsup:

Archived