joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i figured your landlord would supply the building with a snowblower.....guess he is too cheap.:angry:

Yeah they are cheap.

At least they were nice enough to bring over theirs after the blizzard ended on the 26th. I'm sure they will do that today...I hope. I was actually enjoying myself out there though, everything is just so white and there is just so much...it's incredible. Can't wait to post the pics later this evening.

You're young! I didn't get a snowblower till I was in my mid 40s, and I lived in houses with double driveways up to 150' long.

My driveway is now about 600' long... I have two walk behind snowblowers and a Kubota diesel tractor with a 50" snow blower.

I don't mind the shoveling at all...it's kind of fun...it just sucks b/c virtually the two sidewalks have the street on one side and are lined with bushes on the other and the driveway has bushes on both sides so it's kind of hard to place the snow...usually I have to do a scoop then walk like 30ft to throw it somewhere so it adds lots of extra time to the job.

I am amazed at the area of 10" plus with this storm. It may not have hit a lot of high population areas but a big storm nonetheless. Probably a 1 low 2 for a KU but a KU in my mind.

Yeah pretty nuts. How did NYC do?

This was an impressive storm all around, from the areal coverage of 20+", to the intensity regarding MSLP and TSSN, and also how we received such widespread snowfall near the coast..with a canal track. The fact that we had a weak high to the north helped, but it's usually a given that se mass would get a ton of rain with a track like that. I think 12/9/05 is the only other one I can think of. Boxing Day came close, but went over the outer Cape.

We had no business getting 4-5" last night with this track and a ESE/SE wind. Wrap around here is usually non-existent, also impressive that it snowed pretty hard for several hours just north of otis. Moral of this story is even an ACK track had it panned out will produce rain in SE MA a lot of the time. This probably wasnt one of those times had it panned out. Harv on channel 5 seemed to nail it the best. His experience...FTW. Most models would have had a lot more snow in SE MA than he was predicting. Yet he did pretty well predict the max zone too.

Phil may get blitzed soon.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=BOX&loop=yes

What a year for CT...second most ever tornadoes for one year in 2010 with 5, most confirmed tornadoes in one day with 4, had the second most 90F days on record, tied for the hottest temp ever at BDL, two consecutive days of 100F which tied a record, and now the most recorded snowfall in a 24-HR period!

Just an incredible day!!!

Westport and Fairfield just crushed, secondary roads are a mess, main road are decent, I95 was down to one to two lanes very dangerous as there was no warning, but hardly a car on the road.

Got down to Norwalk, roads were down to the blacktop, measured 14 inches at one of my clients homes, Dad said Darien had around 13 and monster in laws had around 15 in Greenwich.

Have no idea how they will have school tom, no sidewalks plowed, no place to put the snow and many side roads have only been plowed once and are barely passable, rte 1 was fine.

Congrats to all just an amazing winter.

Differences as you headed sw on i95 towards nyc on I95 were pretty amazing.

SW CT cleaned up nicely for a short duration storm like this.

14.5" here in about 8 hours, wish it was longer so I could get to 20"

What a year for CT...second most ever tornadoes for one year in 2010 with 5, most confirmed tornadoes in one day with 4, had the second most 90F days on record, tied for the hottest temp ever at BDL, two consecutive days of 100F which tied a record, and now the most recorded snowfall in a 24-HR period!

This might be the greatest moment in Hartford history, just ahead of the six hours or so they thought they were going to get the Patriots to move there and the day the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup.

Go Hartford!

megan-fox-hartford-whalers-2.jpg

This might be the greatest moment in Hartford history, just ahead of the six hours or so they thought they were going to get the Patriots to move there and the day the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup.

Go Hartford!

megan-fox-hartford-whalers-2.jpg

Actually...I think Whalers fans hate the Hurricanes :lol:

I hate the Whalers but I love that shirt...or what's under the shirt.

Archived