• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

It's a wx board...people fire away posts all the time, and not all of them are capable of responses. That's just how the board goes...especially in this subforum. I never looked at a post that didn't get a response, as an insult or anything like that. Heck, sometimes I don't even see the posts, if the thread turns fast paced.

I can't wait for the GFS and EURO, tonight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a wx board...people fire away posts all the time, and not all of them are capable of responses. That's just how the board goes...especially in this subforum. I never looked at a post that didn't get a response, as an insult or anything like that. Heck, sometimes I don't even see the posts, if the thread turns fast paced.

If I can make a quick (novice) comment about, this:

I appreciate the wittiness and contrasting personalities that constitute this subforum (and forum as a whole for that matter), and find it to be far more interesting than the meaningless banter that goes on in other forums with endless IMBY requests; I feel like a fool for cracking up at most of the garbage that gets thrown around here, but find for the most part that everyone's welcoming and willing to answer questions.

I can't wait for the GFS and EURO, tonight.

This doesn't get clear until tomorrow....and probably not til 0Z. We've seen this before. The models are trying to tell us something but they haven't sorted it out yet. But they are consistent in putting the PV south of us. That's enough for me right now. I think we will have a sense of where this is headed tomorrow night or when we wake up Tuesday. Not too invested in tonights runs here.

BTW....getting some analfrontal tonight! CCPSU ftw.

This doesn't get clear until tomorrow....and probably not til 0Z. We've seen this before. The models are trying to tell us something but they haven't sorted it out yet. But they are consistent in putting the PV south of us. That's enough for me right now. I think we will have a sense of where this is headed tomorrow night or when we wake up Tuesday. Not too invested in tonights runs here.

BTW....getting some analfrontal tonight! CCPSU ftw.

I don't think we'll have a good idea until Wednesday.

If I can make a quick (novice) comment about, this:

I appreciate the wittiness and contrasting personalities that constitute this subforum (and forum as a whole for that matter), and find it to be far more interesting than the meaningless banter that goes on in other forums with endless IMBY requests; I feel like a fool for cracking up at most of the garbage that gets thrown around here, but find for the most part that everyone's welcoming and willing to answer questions.

I feel like most do a decent job responding to questions. I was a little surprised that some thought otherwise. I mean sure, not every question can get answered, but I feel like enthusiasts and mets have stepped in to answer most questions. I remember years ago, when I had tons of questions early in the game...and people inherently want to learn about the things they are passionate for.

However, there are questions that definitely cross the boundary into weenie land. For instance, questions like "Could this pattern lead to another Blizzard of '78"??? will likely go unanswered for obvious reasons.

I feel like most do a decent job responding to questions. I was a little surprised that some thought otherwise. I mean sure, not every question can get answered, but I feel like enthusiasts and mets have stepped in to answer most questions. I remember years ago, when I had tons of questions early in the game...and people inherently want to learn about the things they are passionate for.

However, there are questions that definitely cross the boundary into weenie land. For instance, questions like "Could this pattern lead to another Blizzard of '78"??? will likely go unanswered for obvious reasons.

You guys do a great job at answering questions when realistically possible, When things a rocking here with an event its very hard to keep up with the threads let alone answering questions as it does not take long to get behind a few pages.......

Fook all of ya, ya slopheads!

I'm leaving thhe bord.

:lmao:

Nah, screw it. Too much fun times. To add to the discussion, I didn't know a damn thing when I started back in January 2005. So to all the relative newbies, just stick around and you may learn a thing or two just by reading a lot and taking a little initiative. I have a ways to go but I feel as though I have a pretty good grasp of some of the concepts.

One weird thing about the dynamic is that there is quite a bit of personal back and forth here, so the reader/lurker knows quite a bit about the active posters, but there's little or no knowledge going the other way. I think that creates something that feels a bit like elitism but isn't.

If I wanted to be part of "the clique" I'd share much more about myself, show up to a gtg, post more, etc.. If anything you all seem inclusive and inviting for stuff like that too. I think someone whining about their posts probably has failed to put in that type of leg work. Everyone is here on their own time and can choose to talk to who you want to when you want to, it's unrealistic to expect instant rapport.

Nah, screw it. Too much fun times. To add to the discussion, I didn't know a damn thing when I started back in January 2005. So to all the relative newbies, just stick around and you may learn a thing or two just by reading a lot and taking a little initiative. I have a ways to go but I feel as though I have a pretty good grasp of some of the concepts.

This.

I joined in 9/05 and honestly, to the newer members (hate the term "newbie"), just read read read. These guys are wicked smaht. Instead of posting a question during the lead-up to a storm (or during a storm), just keep reading. I feel like I've learned a lot from just reading

In closing, read, read, read. That's is how you learn on this board.

Anyone in CT have snow falling? Seems cold enough aloft there, but still a race against time for boston with the surface temps and 850h now cooling pretty quickly. it'd be nice to get a dusting since nearly all the snow aside from piles and big drifts is melted imby (south end/roxbury)

If I wanted to be part of "the clique" I'd share much more about myself, show up to a gtg, post more, etc..

LOL, I've shown up at 3 GTG's, my true name is out there, and people still don't give a crap what I have to say.

. . . Wait a minute. That's most likely because I have between little and zero substance to offer on the board.

In fact, if all the posts made were anaylized, and critiqued, I'm guessing that mine would come in first place in the race for irrelevance.

With that being said, carry on, and clique away!

:drunk:

Anyone in CT have snow falling? Seems cold enough aloft there, but still a race against time for boston with the surface temps and 850h now cooling pretty quickly. it'd be nice to get a dusting since nearly all the snow aside from piles and big drifts is melted imby (south end/roxbury)

Back from the 2.5 mile dog walk. At the end the drops got "heavier". 38.6/33. Maybe some flakes within the hour...

Heavy raindrops that's it here

LOL, I've shown up at 3 GTG's, my true name is out there, and people still don't give a crap what I have to say.

. . . Wait a minute. That's most likely because I have between little and zero substance to offer on the board.

In fact, if all the posts made were anaylized, and critiqued, I'm guessing that mine would come in first place in the race for irrelevance.

With that being said, carry on, and clique away!

:drunk:

You underestimate yourself Youk.

Archived