bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 12/2008 event may have come in two parts..not sure. I think we had a total of about 11" from the whole thing. I'd gladly take that again.

I had been in Dayton, OH and it went quickly to rain in OH and most of western PA. Then mostly snow north of the NY/PA line and obviously all snow in ENY. So clearly there was some fairly mild air that tried to get in from the southwest and no doubt that aided in warm advection snows.

I mean the wknd event....tonight is sh**.

Likely posted already but.....:snowman:

...SLIPPERY TRAVEL POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT INTO EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

RAIN WILL BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD THIS EVENING ACROSS NORTHEAST

CONNECTICUT...RHODE ISLAND AND EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AS A WEAK

COASTAL LOW MOVES UP THE EASTERN SEABOARD. RAIN WILL LIKELY

CHANGE TO SNOW ACROSS THIS AREA BETWEEN 10 PM AND MIDNIGHT BEFORE

MOVING OFFSHORE LATE TONIGHT. A COATING OF SNOW TO PERHAPS AN INCH

OF ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT. IN ADDITION MUCH COLDER

AIR WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT. THIS WILL RESULT IN

ANY STANDING WATER FREEZING CAUSING SLIPPERY TRAVEL ESPECIALLY ON

UNTREATED SURFACES.

MOTORIST SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION LATER TONIGHT AND DURING THE

EARLY MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE.

That 12/2008 event may have come in two parts..not sure. I think we had a total of about 11" from the whole thing. I'd gladly take that again.

I had been in Dayton, OH and it went quickly to rain in OH and most of western PA. Then mostly snow north of the NY/PA line and obviously all snow in ENY. So clearly there was some fairly mild air that tried to get in from the southwest and no doubt that aided in warm advection snows.

It did.....I'm comparing the wknd potential to the 2nd part of that.

Yeah I can already envision the 6:00 cast tonight. Ryan>> there's a chance of some light snow or flurries Friday , but it also could completely miss us"<< when nothing points to anything like that

I'm not certain but I don't think he can make it snow with his words.

--

SR was good to very good. Excellent Wednesday. Very good on Thursday with Friday and Saturday both being pretty good spring skiing. By last night it was the soft corn snow, night skiing was a lot of fun with the kids. When we left there was snow from here to Newry. On the way home most of the snow in gone in Maine and from Braintree north. Around exit 13-10 on Rte 3 there's still a fair amount, some snow between exit 2-3 too but it's about gone here. Considering the warmth they did a great job at SR.

Ice not really thick up there, not much ice fishing. Snowmobiling is cooked for now too. They don't have a ton of hope for the immediate future beyond snowmaking.

--

SR was good to very good. Excellent Wednesday. Very good on Thursday with Friday and Saturday both being pretty good spring skiing. By last night it was the soft corn snow, night skiing was a lot of fun with the kids. When we left there was snow from here to Newry. On the way home most of the snow in gone in Maine and from Braintree north. Around exit 13-10 on Rte 3 there's still a fair amount, some snow between exit 2-3 too but it's about gone here. Considering the warmth they did a great job at SR.

Ice not really thick up there, not much ice fishing. Snowmobiling is cooked for now too. They don't have a ton of hope for the immediate future beyond snowmaking.

Except most models give ME a good amount of snow in the next 10 days.

--

That's odd, ice is plenty thick on all the lakes here, icefishing has been underway for some time.

32/25, Feels better already. Looks lke maybe, just maybe we'll get clipped by a brief burst of snow.

Still inching down here....34.4/24. Can't wait to have my mud freeze. That shield will slide SE of western Franklin. No snow for me.

When i was driving through town yesterday, I got caught in the mass exodus of the caravan of cars from CT/NY/NJ returning from Mt. Snow heading down Colrain-Shelburne RD. I think it was a caravan filled with really disappointed skiers after spending the weekend is crappy soft conditions.

Archived