joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still gusting here. That said, I need to get a wireless anememoter so I can get something close to accurate wind readings. I think that's going to be my Christmas present to myself. I'll order it today. My current siting had a top gust of 28mph in the storm. What a useless reading that is!

Meanwhile, not too bad out there this morning. Still windy, but themps already up to 15.5 from their low of 11.6. Balmy day(s) ahead.

Still gusting here. That said, I need to get a wireless anememoter so I can get something close to accurate wind readings. I think that's going to be my Christmas present to myself. I'll order it today. My current siting had a top gust of 28mph in the storm. What a useless reading that is!

Meanwhile, not too bad out there this morning. Still windy, but themps already up to 15.5 from their low of 11.6. Balmy day(s) ahead.

I need to get an anemometer too. The wind here was a constant roar with gusts that had to be around 60 at least. What kind of anemometer are you going to get?

Driving to Cape Breton Nova Scotia in the morning for a new years eve wedding. They are having the WORST winter there, as far as torches go. There has been almost no snow and it's been in the 40s and raining for the past week. Maybe a little snow today and tonight, but it looks like snowmobiling won't be happening. At least there will be plenty of Alexander Keiths IPA to make us forget about the mud outdside

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to good weather and roads for the 800 mile drive. Hopefully when I get back on Monday we'll have some new threats to track.

driving thru work today the stoneham/ wakefield area definitely impressed with over a foot of powder confirmed by the public info statments (14-15) inches.

also in the globe they had a nice section with the amounts for the greater boston area. nice screw zone over by gloucester/ newburyport ipswich.....etc. same with scituate plymouth carver. etc. what i found strange was that far N shore immediate coast got screwed while E. Bos got 17 inches. i wonder how rare that is.

Daughter # 2 down with the stomach flu :axe: :axe:

The joys of the season ... my daughter was barfing during the night of the blizzard... wife had it, so far the men in the family have been spared.

Still getting gusts to 43mph

Sander just went by. They should read your reports on the upcoming torch and save my tax $$$

Daughter # 2 down with the stomach flu :axe: :axe:

Took them sledding today at the high school and she was fine..got home for lunch and saud her stomach hurt..had eaten some Doritos and hot chocolate when we go home from sledding :axe: :axe: :axe:

Projectile vomiting in technicolor FTL! The Mexi-Suisse combo is not for the faint of heart.

Well just got our power back here after not having it from early evening yesterday till just now. A few comments about the storm as far as snow here I would say we got 7 inches in total maybe 5 of that coming before we fliped to rain, and then when we went back to snow yesterday a few more inches as it really came down good for a few hours. Obviously this storm will be remembered around these parts for the winds and coastal flooding.

Archived