• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

GFS ensmebles looks similar to 18z...maybe slightly worse. Still a ton of a spread to the west. The trend on the GFS/GEFS/GGEM though so far isn't good. They all give 3-5" type snows, but they certainly don't like the idea of a larger event.

But at 5 days out, a lot of stuff can happen. It seems almost asinine that we've been tracking just about every threat this season from 7/8 days out. By the time you are 108 hours out, we get the sense we should have an established trend or consensus forming when that is not what happens in reality.

As we thought.

And the second part, as I just said. I think you want something close to reality by 72 hours this year, and you nail down the track and amounts at about 48.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukie looks like the further north solutions which would deliver advisory snow...maybe low end warning since it develops stuff a bit sooner.

I think the guidance at 00z has clearly seen (or missed) something that wants to have this be north. Whether that is reality or not will obviously be determined on future runs.

Archived